We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any Resorts / beaches near Athens

Belfast
Level Contributor
1 post
32 reviews
Save Topic
Any Resorts / beaches near Athens

Hi my girldriend would like a resort holiday to a greek island, sunbathing, restaurants etc. However i would like to visist the historic ruins and museums of Athens. Could anyone please advise of a reasonably lively resort not to far from Athens (on mainland) that would allow me to make day trips into the city.

many thanks in advance.

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
8,945 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any Resorts / beaches near Athens

resorts near athens can be expensive...giv me an example of waht you mean logical price here are some resorts www.astirpalace.gr www.grandresortlagonisi.gr also divani apollon palace...but at last there are many reasonable price hotels next to beaches where you can also use the tram outside heading to the centre of athens as www.coralhotel.gr www.poseidonhotel.com.gr www.tropicalhotel.gr www.glyfadahotel.gr great hotels next to the beach with prices under 160euros a day for a double....and most of them with pools and views

Thessaloniki, Greece
Level Contributor
3,186 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any Resorts / beaches near Athens

hi steve.a nice place to relax and not very far from athens is www.plaza-resort.com in anavisos village.also www.clubmed.com the international hotel chain holds two properties in attica not again very far from athens-the athenian club med in marathonas area and the mare nostrum club med in vravrona area.these hotels shouldn't cost you too much and they are resort type by the sea.if you want something closer to athens but more expensive,gas has suggest you very beautiful hotels of excellent standards.

La Rochelle
Level Contributor
1,287 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Any Resorts / beaches near Athens

You could stay in Varkiza - I'm sure there are a few hotels there. Good beach, plenty of tavernas, bars, cafes etc. and regular buses to the city centre. On an average day, it should take about half an hour to get to Glyfada (seaside posh suburb with good shopping & dining), 1.5 hours to get to the centre. Less in a taxi.

4. Re: Any Resorts / beaches near Athens

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 September 2005, 00:59