We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Herodion Hotel Plaka Athens

Guernsey
Level Contributor
58 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Herodion Hotel Plaka Athens

Hi everyone

Does anyone know if the Herodion Hotel on the outskirts of Plaka has places to eat and drink in easy walking distance. Am thinking of booking a room there but am aware it is in a quiet residential area as one of the reviews states. As far as I can all reviews of the hotel seem pretty positive and I can get it cheaper than the Amazon or the Plaka Hotel, does anyone know if this hotel is better value in that case.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Katy

Mentioned in this post
Herodion Hotel
Herodion Hotel
2,566 Reviews
Athens, Greece
Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
8,945 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Herodion Hotel Plaka Athens

Of corse it has in walkign distance places to eat...

Close by is my favourite restaurant of Athens...

Edodi (upscale restaurant of 6-8 tables...50 euros per person)

www.edodi.gr

an other choice..

Mani Mani restaurant at Falirou street

10, Falirou str, 210 9218180

there are many little taverns around too..but try tavoid the touristic one..although the area of Herodion has better restaurants than touristic Plaka..; )

Akropolis station is just few steps....so your decisions can be made everywhere in the centre..

stockton on tees
Level Contributor
1,322 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Herodion Hotel Plaka Athens

i stayed at the herodion last week,i agree with gas but didnt have the funds to go to edodi and mani mani was my choice if i had only been there one more night!! there is not the same concentration of restaurants in koukaki as plaka but if you find veikou street(look for the hera hotel) and walk away from the acropolis museum for about 15-20 minutes you will find some pretty good places close to the syngrou fix metro station and a bit further, on zinni street,there is a very nice place with name i cant remember but i think the sign is pink !the area is good,few tourists and lots of shops and athenian residents !!

i have stayed in athens many times and found the herodion to be excellent,would willingly go back.

katy,my last trip was to athens and i am visiting in guernsey at easter,it will be interesting to compare,hope you have a great trip

Athens
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Herodion Hotel Plaka Athens

The Herodion is located in residential area and is very quiet and just next to the new Acropolis Museum which will open on 20 June.

Herodion is far better than the other two hotels which are very nice but for their category

Guernsey
Level Contributor
58 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Herodion Hotel Plaka Athens

Thats great, Thank you guys!

Seem that I have made the right decision and mananaged to save myself some money!

Yep let me know how Guernsey is, hopefully you'll like it and the sun will shine for you, let me know if you need any info. I don't know if you visited before but if not if you get a nice day try and visit one of the Islands, Herm or Sark both are great for different things

Enjoy your trip

Katy

stockton on tees
Level Contributor
1,322 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Herodion Hotel Plaka Athens

thanks katy,i have been to guernsey a few times but not for about twelve years as i discovered greece !!it will be interesting to see what has changed.enjoy the herodion,it is a fine hotel in an excellent location

6. Re: Herodion Hotel Plaka Athens

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 October 2009, 11:18