We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Plaka Hotel Recommendation - resting in morning post flight?

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
14 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Plaka Hotel Recommendation - resting in morning post flight?

I"m getting in around 9:30 am, and would like to find a basic hotel in plaka where I could check in early rest and shower before meeting my friend later in the day. I don't want to splurge, just basic, clean and quiet, and early morning check in.

Thanks!

nc usa
Level Contributor
1,948 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Plaka Hotel Recommendation - resting in morning post flight?

If you'll let us know your budget I'm sure you'll get lots of great advice.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Plaka Hotel Recommendation - resting in morning post flight?

Hey and welcome localacanian:-) A budget would certainly help..but for starters, take a look at the Pan Hotel which is smack central off Syntagma Square and has some great budget rates considering location..as for early morning check-in, most hotels have check-in times that are usually after noontime..some will offer you access if they have one available otherwise, most with early arrivals can just drop their luggage off and wait it out! Enjoy!

Weesp, The...
Level Contributor
3,020 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Plaka Hotel Recommendation - resting in morning post flight?

The Hotel Adonis is very nice, friendly and has a beautiful roof terrace with view on the Acropolis

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
14 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Plaka Hotel Recommendation - resting in morning post flight?

Thanks for the info. It sounds like I'll just get the reservation and cross my fingers that a room is free when I arrive. Pan looks good, in my price range - 90 euros. I'll check out the the Adonis. I'm also looking at the Athens central.

You're responses were very helpful!

Old Forge, New York
Destination Expert
for Old Forge, Utica
Level Contributor
2,303 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Plaka Hotel Recommendation - resting in morning post flight?

check out the Achilleas Hotel as well, though not in Plaka its just a few blocks away. Have fun!

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Plaka Hotel Recommendation - resting in morning post flight?

Our pleasure:-) Let us know how it goes..keep enjoyin'!

7. Re: Plaka Hotel Recommendation - resting in morning post flight?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 January 2010, 06:17