We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Restaurants - Honeymoon (Athens)

Which Athens hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Santa Monica...
Level Contributor
40 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Best Restaurants - Honeymoon (Athens)

Hey everyone, I have enjoyed all of your valuable knowledge in the past few months in planning my honeymoon. Well, now the honeymoon is nearly upon me (next week!) and the last bit of info I need is restaurants for dinner.

My fiancee and I are foodies and want to eat at the best restaurants in Santorini. We are staying 3 nights at the Grande Bretagne. Price is not an issue. We just want the best.

Please let me know your top 3 choices in Santorini. Thanks in advance!!

Athens
Level Contributor
18,811 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Restaurants - Honeymoon (Athens)

I'm confused. Do you want recommendations for Athens or Santorini?

athens
Level Contributor
146 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Restaurants - Honeymoon (Athens)

hallo corrado 79!

in santorini you must definitely try selini restaurant in fira ( http://www.selene.gr/)

the chef there is miss konstantina faklari (maybe the best young chef in greece)

i think you' ll be amazed...!!!

gia sas!

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
4,028 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Restaurants - Honeymoon (Athens)

If you are inquiring about Athens restaurants, our foodie friends (who also stayed at the Grande Bretagne) from our June cruise which embarked from Athens ate at Spondi and enjoyed it very much.

Santa Monica...
Level Contributor
40 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Restaurants - Honeymoon (Athens)

I am looking for Santorini and Athens. Thanks everyone in advance!

Athens
Level Contributor
18,811 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Restaurants - Honeymoon (Athens)

The best (IMO) choice in Athens would be Olive Garden. It is on top of Titania Hotel, has panoramic views of the city and the best Mediterranean cuisine I've ever experienced.

Second best (but almost as good as OG) is Electra Restaurant. Located on the rooftop of Electra palace hotel, with amazing view of the Acropoilis, exceptional service and modern Greek cuisine but using only traditional (and very fresh) ingredients.

If you like seafood, then head to Milos. It's on the ground floor of Hilton hotel and has the freshest fish in town (and many inspired starters).

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Restaurants - Honeymoon (Athens)

Hey and welcome Corrado79:-) Have to agree with Olive Garden recommendation..call ahead and get a res with a view..and go hungry;-) Good start would right at your Hotel..head up to the Grand Bregtagne's rooftop bar for a starter..and a view as well!! Congrats and Enjoy!

Leeds, England
Level Contributor
86 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Best Restaurants - Honeymoon (Athens)

I disagree with Thalia's recommendations. I have eaten at all 3 of these places and they were all awful.

Leeds, England
Level Contributor
86 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Best Restaurants - Honeymoon (Athens)

Thalia :)

Athens
Level Contributor
18,811 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best Restaurants - Honeymoon (Athens)

Wow! That must have been a horrible experience! Not to mention very bad luck!!!

Why don't you make some recommendations to Corrado then?

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best Restaurants - Honeymoon (Athens)

Hope you complained then, for that sort of money I would have done.....................