We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

"Touristic Ticket"

New Jersey
Level Contributor
776 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
"Touristic Ticket"

Hi all

Does anyone have any experience using the 3 day (15 euro) "Touristic ticket" for transportation?

I see where you can use this from the airport to Syntagma and then back, also the tram and buses and the 400 sightseeing bus. Is this valid 72 hours from stamped or 3 calendar days?

Thanks,

Gbow

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
6,120 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: "Touristic Ticket"

It all depends on how much u plan to use the ticket.

Without the ticket, buying separately you pay as follows: The airport & back @ 6.4€, the 400 bus @ 5€, a bus to/from archeological museum @1€ each way. Total=13.4€.

FRankly not that much savings for the 'basics.' Most sights on an ordinary agenda (Acropolis, Agora, Roman Agora, Temple of Zeus, Akropolis Museum, Benaki & Goulandris Museums, Plaka area) are closely clustered so are logically visited by walking. FUrthermore, unless you speak greek, taking regular city busses is VERY confusing! And with only 3 days, you won't have time to visit a suburban beach, the main use of the tram. AND buying a 15€ will lock you into using the x95 airport bus both ways though u now have the option of the reopened metro.

I say, don't spend the 15€. The 400 bus stops by the Temple of Zeus or Hadrian's arch & is good for 24 hours at €5 so is a good buy as "regular" transportation. If you time it right and know the route (it's online) you could use it as a way to get to & from Arch. Museum or the Old Olympic stadium from the Plaka area, without paying for taxis. JUst be sure of how often it goes ... after Sept. it may be only hourly.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
776 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: "Touristic Ticket"

Thanks Travelerjan for your input.

I plan to use the Metro both from and to the airport that is 12 euros right there. Since I have been to Athens before I plan to go to Glyfa for the afternoon and will use the Metro in Athens outside of the main tourist area. (I enjoy riding the metro) My main concern is how the ticket works 72 hours from time stamped or 3 consecutive days. I can't find this info on the Metro website. That will really determine if it will be a cost savings for me.

Gbow

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
6,120 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: "Touristic Ticket"

Oh, I was not aware that the ticket worked on the metro I thought just tram & busses. In that case, certainly is a buy.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
776 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: "Touristic Ticket"

Bump

U.S.A. ( the land...
Level Contributor
4,163 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: "Touristic Ticket"

Looks like it's 72 hours, Gbow. I don't have personal experience but I had this site bookmarked in my Greece folder:

livingingreece.gr/2009/…

Scroll down to How to Use.

U.S.A. ( the land...
Level Contributor
4,163 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: "Touristic Ticket"

"have"

New Jersey
Level Contributor
776 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: "Touristic Ticket"

Livinglife

Thanks for the link. I book marked it also.

Yes it certainly looks like its 72 hours from the time stamped so it works for me.

Gbow

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
4,208 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: "Touristic Ticket"

Hi Gbow,

Glyfa is small town/port on mainland Greece which services a ferry crossing to Evia.

Do you mean Glyfada?

Athens
Level Contributor
18,811 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: "Touristic Ticket"

Hiya!

Yes, it is 72 hours from its validation.

If you are planning to use the metro then it's a very good purchase, although I would advise against the 400 bus.

If you can't splurge for the HOHO, take the Happy Train or walk.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
776 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: "Touristic Ticket"

Yes

Glyfada it is!

Thanks for all the responses.