We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

rome to greece in four days

chicago, illinois
Level Contributor
220 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
rome to greece in four days

HELLO, Need some help regarding trip to greece for four days. My son is studying in rome, and this is all the time off he can take. wuld like to stay in resort or hotel on the water with nice rooms, good food and near town. lots to ask and a short time to plan. will be flying out of rome on thursday to return on manday.

thanks to whoever answers this with good advice as always on this site. thanks in advance

deb

London, United...
Level Contributor
8,324 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: rome to greece in four days

What time of year and where can you get flights to?

chicago, illinois
Level Contributor
220 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: rome to greece in four days

we will be going october 15-19th. short stay as my son is studying at the university in rome.

Piraeus, Greece
Level Contributor
115 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: rome to greece in four days

Hi Deb,

October 15-19th is not exactly in the beach going season in Greece. Maybe you can swim in Rodos, if you are lucky. Do you still wan to go to a resort by the water?

Seeing that you have such a short time, getting a flight from Rome to a resort-ish island/town in Greece seems to be the best option. Do you have any preference? If you don't, your son can just check the internet/ travel agancies to look out for best deals. For that season, you/he can probably find something interesting.

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
4,208 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: rome to greece in four days

mesogeia's idea is ideal,

Take a short flight to Rhodes, weather wise, size [Rhodes is rather small/compact in comparison to Crete}, deal- wise, it all adds up,

Rhodes has a number of great beach front hotels, I am sure with tempting deals in October,

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
975 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: rome to greece in four days

Hi Deb,

We went to Greece and Mykonos in July, should have been beach season. It was, but it's different than what you might be used to. Several people pointed out to me before we went that the beaches in the Caribean and Western Fl. are of a much higher quality. They were right.

We shifted our focus to exploring the ruins and sites of Greece, although we did enjoy the SAND beach at the Platyis Gialos area of Mykonos. Can't beat the Acrogiali for accomodations, great food, and excellent service. Great experience, my wife and daughter loved it too. I can't recommend it highly enough. It's a 5 minute cab ride to Mykonos Town, yet you could stay at the Acrogiali and never leave.

Most of the beaches we saw in Greece were stones and stone bottoms. Wear shoes into the water. Not that we saw all of the beaches, I imagine there are other sandy areas.

Maybe Loutraki? Go where the Greek people go when they travel for a long weekend? It's only an hour out of Athens so you won't spend much time in travel.

Hope this helps. My idea of what a of a trip to Greece was changed when I got there. It was still good. Or as the Greek people say:

"Nice, very nice". Draw out the first nice and you'll have it down pat

6. Re: rome to greece in four days

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 March 2010, 04:17