We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Athens airport/ do I have enough time

Sacramento...
Level Contributor
62 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Athens airport/ do I have enough time

I will be arriving in Athens from California via Munich. My plane is scheduled to get in at 10:20 am. I want to fly to Mykonos that same day. There is a 11:40 am flight that I want to take because the next one is not until 6pm. Assuming of course that my flight into athens is on time, will I be able to make the 11:40 connection? I have never flown into or out of Athens and I have no idea of the airport layout.

Thanks

Jason

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Athens airport/ do I have enough time

Hey Jason..the airport is wonderful;-) New, modern, efficient and super convenient all under 1 roof or terminal...so easy to get around and no getting lost here! Having said that, IMO, with all it's amenities, it's still a bit of a tight squeeze! If you have to retrieve luggage and check-in again, I certainly would not chance it! Keep in mind that touchdown is when the 'tires hit the tarmac'..and not allowing for taxiin to gate/de-planning...If you're delayed getting in, you're about guaranteed for a miss! You haven't mentioned 'when' you're travelling..all 3 carriers (olympic, aegean and Athens air) are still composing schedules so chances are more flights will be added..or haven't been pubished yet! There are usually afternoon flights on offer..again, depending on 'when' you're travelling... Enjoy!

Sacramento...
Level Contributor
62 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Athens airport/ do I have enough time

Flying in on June 22, a Tuesday.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Athens airport/ do I have enough time

Hey again:-) Keep an eye out at www.olympicair.gr/ www.aegeanairlines.com/ Sign up for both of their email alerts..some great offers.. and IMO, would give it some time since not all schedules are out yet! Keep enjoyin'!

Edited: 05 February 2010, 00:53
4. Re: Athens airport/ do I have enough time

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 August 2010, 07:19