We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Leaving the city area for the day

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
332 posts
70 reviews
Save Topic
Leaving the city area for the day

We have been to Athens several times and done the major tour areas .We will have a free day on this next trip and would like to leave the city and search some beautiful beach areas. I remember seeing an area not far from the city where there were sail boats and looked like there were some cute dining areas with seafood. Can someone give me some suggestions please? Thank you!

Bournemouth, United...
Level Contributor
2,133 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Leaving the city area for the day

perhaps an hour drive to Loutraki

or a boat trip to Aegina or Hydra to get the island experience

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Leaving the city area for the day

Hi there

If you take the tram from Syntagma Square, you can be in the beach resorts south of Athens inside 45 mins, Voula, Vouliagmeni and Glyfada. The trams run all day and are cheap. They begin the run on the southeast corner of Syntagma Square and Amalias Avenue, you can't miss it. It's a pleasant way to see Athens' suburbs as well

Germany
Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Leaving the city area for the day

We are also going to be in Athens for 4 days at end of April. After some research, we have decided on a day or two in Nafplio. Take a look...

http://www.greecetravel.com/nafplio/tour.htm

Apparently this is a better option than the ferry trip to nearby islands such as Hydra. But you do need a car. For an automatic, I found the best price via Budget.

4. Re: Leaving the city area for the day

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 October 2010, 05:17