We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Katakolon day

Preston
Level Contributor
251 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Katakolon day

We have a day in Katakolon from our cruise ship in October. Any suggestions as to wha to do please? I have been to Olympia.

Katakolo, Greece
Level Contributor
129 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Katakolon day

Except for Olympia there are several close to port destinations or venues. One of them is Mercury winery. This estate is open to public after appointment and visit can be combined with wine tasting and shopping (buy local goods and wine ofcourse) Around Katakolon there are also other options http://bit.ly/cLe9rJ . If you stay in Katakolon you can also visit the museum of Ancient Greek technology . I hope some of above options will inspire you.

Bristol, UK
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Katakolon day

you can go to Mercury winery which is really imressiveand also you can go either to Skafidia or to Agios Adreas form swiming.

Bristol, UK
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Katakolon day

i would suggest you not to take the shore excursion from Katakolon. everything is really near and very easy to get to. do not take taxi either, as they tend to overcharge big time. i would suggest you either to rent a car for 40 euros (avis is operating there and they are vey reliable) or rent a scooter or even a bicycle.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Katakolon day

how does one go to the winery from the cruise port? Is an appointment needed? Pls advise.

5. Re: Katakolon day

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 April 2011, 06:42