We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

athens whistle stop 9th October

London, United...
Level Contributor
218 posts
237 reviews
Save Topic
athens whistle stop 9th October

I shall be in Athens on 09/10 following a week in Oropos. I'm planning on getting to Athens as early as possible on the Saturday but have a flight at 7.10pm. I would like some advice about where I should spend my time for those few limited hours, at this time am presuming will be in city centre and focus on Acropolis and surrounding area. I would also like some advice on any good places to get a quick lunch and also the easiest way to get to the airport for about 5pm. From what I have read, it seems to be the blue metro line or X95 bus but I can't find any times of the services. Will be travelling on my own with a small holdall. Have read some posts about storage lockers etc but would probably prefer to carry the bag with me.

Mentioned in this post
Acropolis
Acropolis
26,684 Reviews
Athens, Greece
Athens Greece
Level Contributor
1,735 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: athens whistle stop 9th October

The main area where Acropolis Thission,ancient agora,Monastiraki and Plaka is mostly pedestrian.You can walk around with a good map and a guide book.

Also around Monastiraki and Thission stations you'll find lots of tavernas,coffe shops etc.

Andianou street has anything you may be looking for lunch.

Inside Monastiraki station there are storage lockers if you wish to leave your luggage,when time comes to get the metro to the airport buy the ticket from the ticket office go down to the metro platform.

On the board it states where the next train is going,metro to airport is every half an hour.

London, United...
Level Contributor
218 posts
237 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: athens whistle stop 9th October

thanks, does the metro go on the hour and half past or does it vary?

Athens Greece
Level Contributor
1,735 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: athens whistle stop 9th October

http://www.amel.gr/index.php?id=363

From Syntagma on the 4th and 34th minute every hour

From Airport

Every 5th and 35th minute every hour

4. Re: athens whistle stop 9th October

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 March 2011, 05:20