We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel for a solo female travller

Sydney,
Level Contributor
89 posts
Save Topic
Hotel for a solo female travller

HI All

can anyone reccomend a hotel that is in a safe area for a solo female traveller.

I am only in Athens for 1 night but would like to walk around during the day and see the sights. A friend of mine stayed in the Novotel but said she felt unsafe in that area.

Any other recomendations. My Budget is up too 200 euro for the night

thanks

Athens Greece
Level Contributor
1,735 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel for a solo female travller

There are many hotels around and below your budget,get on this site

www.hotelscombined.com

Put the date and on the left put Syntagma,or Plaka area as a landmark.

You will get many results,all you need is to read reviews for the selected hotels and choose the one that suits your needs.

From this area you don't need any transport to the sites they are all so closed to eachother,and aslo it's easy to get from the airport with metro or Express bus.

For example Amalia Hotel is 98 euros per night,Amazon is 66euros,Hermes hotels is 79euros,Plaka hotel is 79,theese are all in a safe area,you can go up the price it all depends what you are looking for,they have good reviews,check them out.

Gold Coast...
Level Contributor
787 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel for a solo female travller

Hi emfitz,

I've stayed at the Herodian several times as a solo traveller and can highly recommend it.

As you are only in Athens for one night then I would suggest staying centrally in Plaka, Syntagma or Acropolis areas.

Avoid Omonia as does have some undesirable looking characters about and with your budget there is no need to stay there.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel for a solo female travller

Hey and welcome emfitz:-) You've gotten some great recommendations here..and FWIW, if coming/going from the airport the Central area around Syntagma works great for your needs..I've stayed at the Amalia Hotel many times on solo visits..easy to locate and doesn't get any more convenient for sites and transport! Have fun..and EnjoY!

Herts, England
Level Contributor
23 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel for a solo female travller

Hi, RE: hotelscombined.com. I cannot find Plaka on the drop down list when searching. Can you help? Thanks

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
6,120 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel for a solo female travller

why not just "Google" Plaka Hotel Athens? ... up will pop their very own website. And if you want to get an "instant" reading on whether thy have a room at your date, and what the going price is, Google "Hotel Plaka Athens booking.com" and when that website comes up ... put in your date and you'll see whether a room is available and what booking.com lists as the rate.

You don't necessarily have to book through that online site -- you then can go directly to the hotel website if you wish. It's just a quickie way to see rate & availablility without having to wait for a hotel to respond.

Google is your starting point... then go from there!

Lindesnes...
Destination Expert
for Southern Norway, Cyclades
Level Contributor
4,787 posts
201 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel for a solo female travller

I would highly recomend Airotel Parthenon. It is less than 5 min from Acropolis, the new archeological museum and Plaka. The area looks totaly safe to me. Book on their own web-site: www.airotel.gr

London, United...
Level Contributor
8,324 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel for a solo female travller

>>I cannot find Plaka on the drop down list when searching. Can you help?<<

If you mean you can't find Plaka the area (as opposed to Plaka the hotel) in the drop down menu, go for Acropolis or Arch of Hadrian or even Monastiraki or Roman Agora.

Oslo, Norway
Destination Expert
for Oslo, Naxos, Norway
Level Contributor
22,551 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel for a solo female travller

You can see the location of some of the hotels in this map:

http://tinyurl.com/3h73k28

9. Re: Hotel for a solo female travller

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 October 2012, 08:26