We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotel advise in center pls

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
207 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
hotel advise in center pls

hi I will come to Athens in the middle of June for weekend only(2 days)

I dont want to waste time with metros,busses etc.

So please advise a 3-4 star hotels in a good location for city walk

or if you cant advise hotel name at least much appreciated if you advise districts

Athens, Greece
Destination Expert
for Athens
Level Contributor
13,950 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hotel advise in center pls

Acropolis area ( Makriyanni ) will offer the shortest walking times. Plaka area too.

Monastiraki, Thission and Syndagma areas are also central.

Hotel Parthenon has a very very good location. Near it i 'd also consider Philippos Hotel a bit further.

Edited: 24 April 2011, 20:36
Athens, Greece
Destination Expert
for Peloponnese, Athens
Level Contributor
10,177 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hotel advise in center pls

The areas to look for are Syntagma, Plaka, Thissio, Makrigianni, Monastiraki & Acropolis (Although Acropolis isn't an area hotels often get listed this way when they are nearby)

To advise on particular suitable hotels could you please give a budget per night, they do vary a lot!

Piraeus, Greece
Level Contributor
11 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: hotel advise in center pls

Hi there Biligante,

Based on your description, I would suggest the Athens Gate Hotel, which is a 4 star hotel very close to the Akropolis, Plaka, the New Akropolis Museum, the Gate of Andrianos, the pillars of Olympius Zeus and Zappion.

Enjoy your stay in Athens

Athens Greece
Level Contributor
1,735 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: hotel advise in center pls

Also good and central hotels with good reviews are,Plaka hotel,Hermes hotel,Amazon hotel,Diamond hotel.Check them out.

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
207 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: hotel advise in center pls

Nick; your both advises are below Akropolis nice places but will consider above of Akropolis..Seems the people,shops,avenues are over there.. what abt Kolonaki area?

Yiassas; max. 100 euro daily

Athens, Greece
Destination Expert
for Peloponnese, Athens
Level Contributor
10,177 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: hotel advise in center pls

For that budget I suggest you look at Hotel Athos, Astor, Cypria, Arethusa, Carolina (only if you can get the top floor), Attalos (higher floor is quieter), take a look at this site, put in your dates & making sure the pricing is on Euros (it often defaults to US$), then refine it further by clicking on the areas of Koukaki, Plaka & Monastiraki down the left hand side. (I have put in a dummy date)

www.eurocheapo.com/search/…

Kolonaki is an expensive area, some of the places do say they are in Kolonaki, but borderline, therefore not as close to sights as the places I've listed.

Once you've picked any that suit you come back & we'll help you choose which would suit your requirements the most.

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
207 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: hotel advise in center pls

thnks mate..appreciate your efforts

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
207 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: hotel advise in center pls

no any room for my dates at Magna Grecia,

Hermes,Plaka and Amazon hotel

I found room at Athos hotel Patroou street 3 and otherone is Achilleas hotel Lekka 21

which one should I choose? none??

Old Forge, New York
Destination Expert
for Old Forge, Utica
Level Contributor
2,311 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: hotel advise in center pls

the Achilleas is a small hotel just around the corner from the Astor..brilliant location, small hotel, but ok for a short stay..I have not stayed in a few years but it was fine. Have fun!,

Oslo, Norway
Destination Expert
for Oslo, Naxos, Norway
Level Contributor
22,551 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: hotel advise in center pls

I have stayed in Achilleas quite a few times. Lekka Str is quiet (one way street from both sides !!!!, but the bus passes through), and the hotel is fine if you don't look for more upper class accomodation.

You are only a short walk from Syntagma (walk down Karageorgiou Servias), and just around the corner from Astor with Cypria also nearby..