We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flat Taxi fare from / to Athens airport

Athens, Greece
Destination Expert
for Athens
Level Contributor
13,950 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Flat Taxi fare from / to Athens airport

Please remember that if you use a taxi between Athens Airport and hotels / areas in inner city ring in Athens, fare is flat ( 35 euros at daytime, 50 euros at night time ), with ALL applicable surcharges included.

So, toll cost, luggage fee, VAT, airport charge, meter start are ALL included. Don't fall for some taxi driver that may tell you "it's 35 euros + toll cost etc ).

More info here:

www.aia.gr/pages.asp?pageid=988&langid=2

Only thing not included is appointments, meaning calling a radio call taxi through your hotel reception or making an appointment to have a taxi waiting for you to take you from point a to point b. Nevertheless ALL applicable charges on a normal taxi ride are included.

Mentioned in this post
Athens
Athens
Attica, Greece
363 replies to this topic
Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
1,324 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
71. Re: Flat Taxi fare from / to Athens airport

I never had a taxi driver give me hassle when I asked for a receipt. They promptly give it to me, when asked. Some times without even asking.

Whenever the meter starts working and then its stopped when you arrive at the destination, the receipt is issued automaticaly. You cannot have the meter running and then not issue a receipt. So the taxi driver couldnt care less if you do take the issued receipt or not. The 'damage' for him is already done. So he has no reason to give you hassle for the receipt.

There are two exceptions...

a) If the meter was never on, then of course he cannot produce a receipt. This is illegal.

b) The meter is somehow rigged in order to not automaticaly issue a receipt whenever it is on. This is of course also illegal.

To sum up, if the taxi driver is NOT an illegal thieving scum then he has no reason whatsoever to deny an already issued receipt.

Singapore
Level Contributor
350 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
72. Re: Flat Taxi fare from / to Athens airport

Thanks Athanasios m and Evan76 for your kind replies.

I will arrive Athens at 1:25pm.

My action plan: to inform driver that I will need a receipt at the end of my journey. Since it is a fixed fare to Hilton, they may not turn on the meter.

I hope there will be enough english speaking people around the taxi rank to help me convey this message to my taxi driver :)

Regards.

Rony

Mentioned in this post
Athens
Athens
Attica, Greece
Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
1,324 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
73. Re: Flat Taxi fare from / to Athens airport

@zux123

The meter will be on regardless the flat rate. If your destination falls in the flat rate area, you ll just ignore it and pay the 35 euros.

The reason the meter is on, is in case the passenger changes his mind and wants to go to another area outside the flat rate.

Print on a piece of paper the following message ...

ATHENS HILTON HOTEL - 35 euro - ALL INCLUSIVE - ΤΕΛΙΚΗ ΤΙΜΗ

When you enter the taxi show him the paper and make sure he agrees.

If he argues, exit and board the next taxi.

If he argues upon arrival at the hotel, ask assistance from the hotel staff. A nice big hotel like Hilton, I m sure has staff that will help you.

You dont have to pay absolutely nothing more than 35 euros, PERIOD.

(if you want to tip a euro or something, thats up to you)

Mentioned in this post
Athens
Athens
Attica, Greece
Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
3,082 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
74. Re: Flat Taxi fare from / to Athens airport

It would be as easy to take the metro or the bus to Hilton,both stop 5 minutes from the hotel.Just inform the bus driver to stop and all you have to do is cross the street lights and you are there.

Edited: 08 October 2013, 07:59
Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
1,324 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
75. Re: Flat Taxi fare from / to Athens airport

That is true. For Athens Hilton both metro and bus are very efficient.

Mentioned in this post
Athens
Athens
Attica, Greece
Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
5,158 posts
Save Reply
76. Re: Flat Taxi fare from / to Athens airport

hi,there will be a line of taxis waiting outside the airport,..you go at the first one in the line..if the taxi driver doesn't happen to speak good english maybe ask for someone who does (''thelo kapoion na milaei agglika parakalo'' means i want someone who speaks english in greek}..once you find a driver who speaks english tell him before you get in that you want to go to hilton hotel,that you expect to pay only the flat rate which is 35 euros and and you will need a receipt for your job..if he agrees all is good..say all this in a very polite way...there is always some police or security around if someone gives you a hard time.

otherwise take the bus or metro which is cheaper

Edited: 08 October 2013, 12:16
Singapore
Level Contributor
350 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
77. Re: Flat Taxi fare from / to Athens airport

Guys, thanks.

After flying from Asia, don't want to take public transport. Moreover, my company is paying for it, so why bother.

Is it ok if I print this in a piece of paper and show it to the taxi:

ATHENS HILTON HOTEL - € 35 - ALL INCLUSIVE-ΤΕΛΙΚΗ ΤΙΜΗ, I NEED A ΠΑΡΑΛΑΒΗ μετά το ταξίδι

Regards.

Mentioned in this post
Athens
Athens
Attica, Greece
Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
1,324 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
78. Re: Flat Taxi fare from / to Athens airport

I dont quite get the 'I NEED A ΠΑΡΑΛΑΒΗ μετά το ταξίδι' part...

You mean you want a taxi to take you back to the airport from Hilton at the end of your trip ?

Or you mean you want a taxi to be waiting for you when you land in Athens ?

Mentioned in this post
Athens
Athens
Attica, Greece
Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
79. Re: Flat Taxi fare from / to Athens airport

hi, my friend will be visiting Greece this week. any suggestion where we can rent a car with the driver? any recommendation for the travel agent?

thank you

Mentioned in this post
Greece
Greece
Europe
Oslo, Norway
Destination Expert
for Oslo, Naxos, Norway
Level Contributor
22,738 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
80. Re: Flat Taxi fare from / to Athens airport

Start a thread on your own. This is about fixed fares for taxi from the airport to Athens.

Mentioned in this post
Athens
Athens
Attica, Greece
Reply to: Flat Taxi fare from / to Athens airport
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted