We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Athens to Corinth Travel

Which Athens hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
OC,CA
Level Contributor
46 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Athens to Corinth Travel

What options are there to get from Athens to Corinth in June? Thank You.

Komotini, Greece
Level Contributor
2,849 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Athens to Corinth Travel

Bus, rental car, or suburban rail all go to Corinth.

OC,CA
Level Contributor
46 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Athens to Corinth Travel

Would you recommend the bus over the train?

Are the stations near Plaka in Athens?

Once arriving in Corinth are taxi's available at the stations? I need to get to a boat marina, not sure which one yet.

Thank you so much!

Athens Greece
Level Contributor
1,735 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Athens to Corinth Travel

Busses to Corinth run from Kiffisos station,you need to get there either by taxi or by bus no 051 from Zinonos str in Omonoia,train is from Larissis station but you have to change at SKA station to the one for Corinth.

Komotini, Greece
Level Contributor
2,849 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Athens to Corinth Travel

I would recommend the suburban rail unless you'll be going at rush hour in which case I would take the bus. Yes there are taxis at the stations. The suburban rail switch is very easy, you just get out of the train car you're in, cross to the other side of the platform (i.e., walk 8 steps) and get on the waiting car which then departs within a couple minutes and goes on to Corinth. I believe the suburban rail is €8 each way, someone please correct me if I'm wrong. The buses are comfortable and easy, but the suburban rail is just easier to get to (Larissa Station, where they leave from, is also a metro stop, which can easily be reached by any metro stop in the city whereas the bus station is a bit more out of the way).

Molaoi, Greece
Destination Expert
for Naxos, Peloponnese
Level Contributor
3,638 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Athens to Corinth Travel

Where in Athens? There's a direct rail link hourly at ten minutes to the hour from the airport. No need to change at Ano Liosia any more. €18 return.

OC,CA
Level Contributor
46 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Athens to Corinth Travel

Thank you all for your assistance. Can anyone please recommend a web-site for the suburban rail? I am interested in finding the time schedule, when they leave Larissa Station and when they arrive in Corinth. I need to be in Corinth by 12 noon on a Wednesday.

I really appreciate your help!

stockton on tees
Level Contributor
1,251 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Athens to Corinth Travel

www.trainose.gr

8. Re: Athens to Corinth Travel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 May 2012, 06:34