We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Facilities in Athens airport

Watford, UK
Level Contributor
374 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Facilities in Athens airport

I have an overnight stop there soon from about 11.30pm to 5am.

Are there any shower rooms in the airport?

Is there anywhere I could sleep for a couple of hours, or would I just be kipping on seats in the departure lounge?

Is that safe enough to do?

Thanks a lot

Athens
Level Contributor
18,811 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Facilities in Athens airport

Hiya!

I'm afraid that there aren't any shower rooms.

I've seen people sleeping on the seats and the floor and I'm pretty sure that it is safe to do so, although I'm not sure that you are actually allowed to sleep on the floor.

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
175 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Facilities in Athens airport

www.sleepinginairports.net/europe/athens.htm

Watford, UK
Level Contributor
374 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Facilities in Athens airport

To update this, I didn't find any shower rooms apart from those in the exclusive airline lounges. however, I did find a cafe in the departure terminal with some very long sofas, and these did very nicely for a bed for the night. All in all, not bad.

4. Re: Facilities in Athens airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 March 2013, 09:19