We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Reservations needed for restaurants?

philadelphia
Level Contributor
368 posts
170 reviews
Save Topic
Reservations needed for restaurants?

I did a thorough search here and copy/pasted some great suggestions for restaurants with views. We land July 6 at around 6 pm - so by the time we arrive at our hotel, it will probably be 8? Should we get a reservation ahead of time? I'm thinking one of the great suggestions that overlook the Acropolis - we're staying at Athens Gate and certainly won't want to go far our first night.

Or do we just wander in? THANKS!

Ellen

Athens
Level Contributor
18,811 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Reservations needed for restaurants?

Hiya, Ellen!

Better safe than sorry! Reserve your table and be worry-free. Especially if you want a table with the best possible views.

philadelphia
Level Contributor
368 posts
170 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Reservations needed for restaurants?

I was thinking Greek House-Attikos after much reading of the forums for the first night - or the Olive Garden (not US:). I love the idea of the restaurant on lycabetous hill - there were 2 recommended - for the second night. We will be back after Rhodes for a third night - thinking splurging on Spondi, but we will have the kids so it might be ridiculous (though my 16 year old is more gourmet than me:)

I can't find a website for Greek House-Attikos to make a reservation.

Our main interests will be the view first, good wine and food second, reasonable pricing third.

THANKS! Ellen

Athens Greece
Level Contributor
1,735 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Reservations needed for restaurants?

2109215256, 2109216266.

No web site,get the reception to call them on arrival.or you can call them prior to you departure.

Also check this one

tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g189400-d7…

and this

tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g189400-d1…

Edited: 20 June 2011, 16:17
Athens
Level Contributor
18,811 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Reservations needed for restaurants?

Hi again!

I understand from your post that you are looking for a nice view but good food too, why Greek House Attikos?

Filistron is so much better, so is Kuzina that Tsopanos above is suggesting. Olive Garden is an excellent choice, do book a table and ask them for one of those that have panoramic views.

philadelphia
Level Contributor
368 posts
170 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Reservations needed for restaurants?

I don 't know why I was looking at Greek House - I just read a lot of past posts so as not to ask the same questions over again. I looked at those 3 - all look good! Kuzina sounds best - but there are no prices on the menu. I don't want to spend 100 per person, not looking for cheap either. It's the only one I can find a way to contact to make a reservation - so I like it.

Athens
Level Contributor
18,811 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Reservations needed for restaurants?

You will definitlely not spend 100 euros per person at Kuzina!

Litsa and I managed once to spend 200 at Olive Garden and we ate half the menu (including lobster), 2 bottles of wine and 3 desserts.

I would highly recommend to not depend on booking online, especially at Kuzina.

Call them, or have your hotel to call them or tell us and we'll make a phonecall for you.

philadelphia
Level Contributor
368 posts
170 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Reservations needed for restaurants?

Okay thank you. Problem is - we don't arrive until 6 pm. Perhaps we should have our travel agent call for us (we're using Fantasy Travel). Thank you so much for the advice. I promise to report back!!

Athens Greece
Level Contributor
1,735 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Reservations needed for restaurants?

we are expecting a lot of reports Bratzoe:))

Athens, Greece
Destination Expert
for Athens
Level Contributor
13,950 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Reservations needed for restaurants?

<I understand from your post that you are looking for a nice view but good food too, why Greek House Attikos?>

Greek House Attikos has great food and the best views in Athens. Simple.

Btw, i 'd not go to Olive Garden by no means. Area around is horrible and you need binoculars to see the Acropolis.

Filoistron is good ( its views are second to those of Attikos but still good ) but portions are tiny for the price you pay. It's always on my list but they sometime have to get sensible about their pricing.

Edited: 20 June 2011, 20:01
philadelphia
Level Contributor
368 posts
170 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Reservations needed for restaurants?

BTW, it's funny my name on this site is bratzoe. I have NO idea how that happened LOL. When my daughter (Zoe) was little, she loved Bratz dolls, but I have NO recollection ever naming myself after that. HA!

Nick - do you also like Kuzina? Sounds like we should do Greek House and one restaurant on Ly.. Hill (can't recall how to spell it so I won't even attempt it - you all know what I mean). :)))

Ellen aka Bratzoe