We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

bus timetables

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
193 posts
76 reviews
Save Topic
bus timetables

hi ,

can anyone tell me a website with uptodate bus timetable from athens. the only ones i can find are in greek . i want to know the times and bus stops for getting to cape soinion from central athens and visa versa as i dont want to miss the last bus home .if i did approx how much would a taxi be.

thanks

Athens
Level Contributor
18,811 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: bus timetables

I'm afraid that the bus timetables are in Greek.

When are you planning to do this trip?

Edited: 21 August 2011, 22:06
Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
193 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: bus timetables

hi,

looking to do the trip on thursday 22nd sept later in the afternoon about 4.00pm so we are there for the sunset .maybe have something to eat and then come back .we can always skip the food if the bus times back dont match.

thanks.

Oregon
Level Contributor
410 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: bus timetables

I know TH13 will have a better answer, but I've read that the last bus leaves around 7:30 p.m., and therefore precludes sticking around for the sunset. I'm interested too, as I'll be in Athens Sept. 10-17 and am planning on making the trip to Sounion, but already had realized I'd be missing the sunset there, if going via public transportation.

Athens
Level Contributor
18,811 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: bus timetables

Currently, last bus from Sounio to Athens is at 21.00 (beach route) and 22.00 (mainland route).

I'm most certain that this will change sometime in September and the last buses will depart earlier but probably no earlier than 20.00. Sunset time on the 22nd is 19.23 which means that you will most likely have the time to see the sunset and hop on the bus.

IMO though, it will be best to give us a nudge around the 15th of September and we'll check the schedules again for you.

Oregon
Level Contributor
410 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: bus timetables

Hope you don't mind if I ask if you know what the bus schedule will be during the time I'll be there, on the days I'd possibly be taking this trip - say Mon. Sept. 12 to Thurs., Sept. 15, or would this be about the time that bus schedules would be changing? I found a website that shows sunset times for Athens, so I would presume the time would be about the same just a bit farther south.

Is the sunset really worth hanging around for, there in Sounio?

Thanks for all your help!

Athens
Level Contributor
18,811 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: bus timetables

Of course I don't mind you asking, that's what we do here! :-)

I don't have an answer to your question because my guess is that the schedules will change either around the 1st of September or the 10th.

About the sunset... hhmmmm.... it's like the whole debate about the sunset of Santorini. Personally, I find sunsets over the sea/mountains boring and all the same. But that's just ME. If YOU want to go to Sounio and see the sunset then you should!

Mentioned in this post
Santorini
Santorini
Cyclades, Greece
Oslo, Norway
Destination Expert
for Oslo, Naxos, Norway
Level Contributor
22,679 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: bus timetables

I have not been to Sounion for sunset myself, but I anticipate that what is special is that you can catch the sunset with the temple ruins in front in different angles towards the Aegean Sea.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
193 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: bus timetables

thanks for your help

we leave for athens on the 19th so i will ask again on or around the 15th

thanks again

Athens
Level Contributor
18,811 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: bus timetables

You are most welcome!

10. Re: bus timetables

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 October 2012, 04:17