We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport Logistics in Athens

Which Athens hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Adjuntas, Puerto...
Level Contributor
130 posts
164 reviews
Save Topic
Airport Logistics in Athens

I will be arriving to Athens on a Thursday @ 4pm (KLM Airlines from Amsterdam) and have a connecting flight with Olympic air at 6pm. I am not sure if I will have a boarding pass since the web-check in system only allow printing a boarding pass 24 hours ahead of time and by the time I have a printer it will be more than 24h….so: What do I need to do if I arrive there without boarding pass? I assume I just need to get to the gate-counter and get my ticket or will I have to go out, do check in and pass through security? I will not have checked luggage.

On a separate note, I will have luggage on my way back from Crete and will spend a couple of days in Athens, so, regarding bus x95; is this bus a good option if you have a suitcase or will it be better to take the metro? Are there any compartments to put a medium size suitcase (not carry on)? Is it usually crowded? (Monday ~5pm)

THANKS!!!

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport Logistics in Athens

Hey and welcome silarem:-) Without a boarding pass, believe you will have to check in again..but easy enough to just ask once you de-plane in Athens at the transit desk;-) Athens airport is not complicated..it's all encompassed under 1 roof or terminal building so no getting lost here! As far as transport from airport into Athens..both the metro and express bus have luggage hold..no problem on either;-) You'll be first to enter for run on metro since that is where the train starts..but does get packed enroute..if getting off at Syntamga..just be prepared the stop before which is Evangelismos..there are digital reads of the stop as well as announcements in both Greek and English..for the bus it's just get on and grab a seat! Enjoy!

2. Re: Airport Logistics in Athens

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 October 2012, 00:17