We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

audio-guide for acropolis

Sweden
Level Contributor
13 posts
98 reviews
Save Topic
audio-guide for acropolis

hi

Is there any audio guide (or anything similar) available in acropolis and other visiting places in Athen?

thanks

London, United...
Level Contributor
10,101 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: audio-guide for acropolis

I don't think so, we certainly didn't see anything. We managed very well with our guidebook, but would recommend visiting the New Acropolis Museum before the Acropolis.

It's a well laid out museum and there is a short film which puts things into context.

Princeton,nj
Level Contributor
126 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: audio-guide for acropolis

If you have an iPhone I strongly recommend to download rick steve's audio guides for athens. It a free application and you download all of the content on the phone so no connection is required when you are in Athens. The guides are very informative and he is great at orienting you at all of the sights. We were very happy with that application and probably saved ourselves at least 150 euro that we would have to spend on a guide to take us through the acropolis. If you decide to follow Rick steve's audio guide you need around 3 hours from the moment you start to climb the rock.

Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
42,941 posts
826 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: audio-guide for acropolis

No audio guide on site and I also use Rick Steve's app. It was quite good but not sure I saved 150euros!

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
193 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: audio-guide for acropolis

deffineatly reccomend rick steves just came back and used acropolis and the walking tour which took us on a route we never would have used without it easy to follow.

we downloaded on to our i-pods.

Sweden
Level Contributor
13 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: audio-guide for acropolis

thankss so much :)

6. Re: audio-guide for acropolis

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 October 2012, 22:19