We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seat Sales from Canada!

Which Athens hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
1,795 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Seat Sales from Canada!

Air France, KLM and Air Canada are having great seat sales from Montreal to Athens right now for spring and fall. We have found fares as low as $907 Montreal ~ Athens, taxes in, in mid September.

Happy Hunting!

Jo

Ottawa
Level Contributor
2,335 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Seat Sales from Canada!

Thanks Jo! There's nothing like planning a holiday during our grey cold winters.

Karen

Nanaimo, Canada
Destination Expert
for Chania Town, Naxos
Level Contributor
4,700 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Seat Sales from Canada!

Jo thats a great price. Have you booked?

I just looked at air fares from Vancouver and the best I can do is $2314 for two return. Not too bad.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
1,795 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Seat Sales from Canada!

Hey Stan,

Not yet, trying to see which connections make the most sense since we would like to fly to Naxos on the day we arrive. Will probably be booked by the weekend!

Jo

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
21 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Seat Sales from Canada!

Hi Stan,

I'm planning to travel from Vancouver too. May I ask which airlines and where did you find this price? is this from Vancouver to Athens?

Thank you

Torang

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Mykonos
Level Contributor
7,250 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Seat Sales from Canada!

Have been checking for the past week, but haven't found any deals on AC at prices even remotely close to $907, JoDen. Lowest I've found is $884 plus taxes *plus* AC's outrageous $436 fuel surcharge gouge, bringing the cost to $1509 and up per person. Even worse -- their flights aren't direct. The direct Air Transat fares at $1,159 are a bargain by comparison, and get you to Athens faster. Looks like we'll be flying Transat yet again.

nc usa
Level Contributor
1,948 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Seat Sales from Canada!

Look at skyscanner.com, Donny- we found some ridiculously cheap tickets last year flying Swissair.

Edited: 30 November 2012, 02:59
Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
1,795 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Seat Sales from Canada!

Donny, we found our sales in January of 2011 with Air France (love this airline) and January 2012 with Air Canada (meh). Maybe if you wait until after Christmas? We flew Montreal ~ Athens both times under $1000/person, taxes in.

Good luck,

Jo

Ottawa
Level Contributor
2,335 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Seat Sales from Canada!

Last year we got our flights for under $1000, taxes in, including the bus from Ottawa to Montreal with KLM. We waited till February which is when we have found the best deals.

Karen

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Mykonos
Level Contributor
7,250 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Seat Sales from Canada!

With competition heating up, we may see some better prices for direct flights between Canada & Greece in the new year.

Rouge, the brand-new Air Canada "leisure" airline, yesterday announced it is offering Toronto to Athens return fares of $949 (including all taxes and surcharges) -- on sale only until December 25. The airline will be flying the Athens route only during July, August, September and October, though -- too late for my own travel plans.

Meanwhile, the new Greek airline, Skygreece, is supposed to announce prices and schedules soon for its Toronto to Athens and Montreal to Athens flights. Those are expected to start in the summer of 2013 also.

10. Re: Seat Sales from Canada!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 December 2013, 06:16