We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transit time at Athens airport

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
174 posts
Save Topic
Transit time at Athens airport

I will be arriving Athens airport via Delta at 9:30am from US, I see Olympic air is offering 11:25 am to Chania, the next available is with Agean at 4pm or so, I want to go for the 11:25 am flight, is it too risky? How far is the walk from Delta arrival to Olympic air ? Thanks in advance

Level Contributor
259 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transit time at Athens airport

You shouldn't have any problem going with the 11:25 flt. Athens airport is easy to get around.

Harbin, China
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
21,075 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transit time at Athens airport

Hi,

It's doable provided your incoming flight is on time. The latest you can check in for your domestic Olympic Airways flight is 35 minutes before depature, that is 10.50.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transit time at Athens airport

Hey again peace on earth:-) I agree..if Delta is on time, you should have no worries;-) FWIW, these carriers co-op so you may be able to check luggage through if you're on 1 ticket..if not and they're booked seperately, you'd be on your own in case of a miss! This is purely a personal call..for some, it doesn't fall into their comfort-zone..for others, it's a no-brainer..Just to note, the direct ..although oftentimes delayed out of JFK..makes up allot of time up in the air and 'usually' arrive on time..but of course, no guarantees!

As far as the airport is concerned..you'll find it's wonderful..modern, new (built it time for the 2004 Olympics), user-friendly and all under 1 roof or terminal building! If you're retrieving luggage off the long haul, you'll simply take the stairs/escalator/elevator up one floor from Arrivals to Departures to check in! Happy planning..and EnjOY!

Edited: 09 February 2012, 18:46
Canberra
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Transit time at Athens airport

My wife and I are booked on an Easyjet flght from Rome scheduled to arrive Athens at 15:35.

Do we have to go through immigration in Athens before we can proceed to Santorini?

Would we make an Olympic flt at 17:50 or would the better option be Aegean at 18:30.

Advice much appreciated.

Ostend, Belgium
Destination Expert
for Argolis Region
Level Contributor
3,482 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Transit time at Athens airport

@Nick Wright

1. No immigration control as you stay within the EU.

2. Time enough to catch the 17.50

As @Litsa mentioned in the message above: Simply take the stairs/escalator/elevator 1 floor up from Arrivals to Departures.

I bet you will even have time for a little stroll outside, a snack, a drink, ...

London, United...
Level Contributor
16,939 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Transit time at Athens airport

Easyjet flights are usually pretty punctual in my long experience of them: the only delay I've had in ten years was of half an hour. And Athens is an efficient airport, easy to negotiate. I think you should be all right with the 17.50.

7. Re: Transit time at Athens airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 August 2013, 10:15