We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for budget Athens hotel near Parthenon.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
428 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
Looking for budget Athens hotel near Parthenon.

Walking distance preferred: we are good walkers. We are 4 people (one family, all adults). I don’t expect to find a quad or a room for 4, so hope to find 2 rooms with two twin beds each. Unfortunately of the places I have contacted, more than 4/5ths have not replied, and of those who did, I can’t seem to get a clear statement that the rooms have twin beds. Instead, I get something about “double bedded” room, which to me, means one double bed. We can’t share a bed: we all have sleep problems. Sending an email to ask for a clarification has netted nothing.

Budget is 100 euros a night per room: less would definitely be a godsend, as those 20-something kids of ours can EAT !

I’m starting to panic, as our trip is the end of May, and I thought I would have more replies by now. Thanks.

Oslo, Norway
Destination Expert
for Oslo, Naxos, Norway
Level Contributor
21,612 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for budget Athens hotel near Parthenon.

Have a look at this from Airotel Parthenon:

http://tinyurl.com/yj9wbj3

A double bedded room will in most cases in Greek hotels mean twin beds - i.e. two beds in the room.

Like the name suggests this hotel is close to Acropolis, and within easy walking distance to most of the central sights and attractions. Central Plaka is also within 5 minutes walk.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,263 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for budget Athens hotel near Parthenon.

Hi,

Agree with Greek-traveller, the Airotel Parthenon is a great choice, stayed there in Dec and can highly recommend it. But if your budget is important, try the backpackers, just down the street from the A P, and they could do a 4 bunk room.

http://www.backpackers.gr/

Edited: 08 May 2012, 10:38
Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for budget Athens hotel near Parthenon.

Hi there

Third vote for the Airotel Parthenon, great hotel in a superb location, very close to Temple of Zeus and Hadrian's arch, five minutes' walk the other way via Lysakratous Square will see you in the heart of Plaka.

Oslo, Norway
Destination Expert
for Oslo, Naxos, Norway
Level Contributor
21,612 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for budget Athens hotel near Parthenon.

The hotel occasionally do special offers. Look up for options:

http://www.airotel.gr/index.asp?a_id=327

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,054 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Looking for budget Athens hotel near Parthenon.

Another budget option is Myrto Akropolis in Plaka, they have family rooms that can sleep up to 5 people.

Athens, Greece
Destination Expert
for Peloponnese, Athens
Level Contributor
9,079 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Looking for budget Athens hotel near Parthenon.

Take a look at the approx 14 Athens hotels I've reviewed,

www.tripadvisor.co.uk/members-reviews/Yiassas

All are in central locations & I've never paid 100 euros a night, always less. Check them out on booking.com, venere.com etc as well as their own sites, the best deal can vary depending on dates etc.

Edited: 08 May 2012, 12:18
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
428 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Looking for budget Athens hotel near Parthenon.

Thanks for your help. The Airotel is one of those that has not responded to 2 sets of emails plus their online form. I saw the twin beds in the photos on their site: that was one reason why I kept trying.

The Myrto did get back to me, as did Phaedra, but have not responded yet to a further inquiry 2 days ago about type of beds. The above 3 were recommended to me.

I want to have the type of beds reserved. Though that might be asking for something that is not possible. We will be arriving very late. Ferry from Santorini gets in close to midnight. (I have not booked the ferry yet, but odds are we will take one that arrives late). By the time we get to the hotel, it could be 1 am. Considering the hour, we might get there, and they say, “Sorry, all twin bed rooms are gone, all we have left are doubles.” I want to be able to point to an email, if that helps.

I will try those other selections, thanks for suggesting them.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,054 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Looking for budget Athens hotel near Parthenon.

When we stayed at Myrto, one room had a double bed and a single bed. The second room had 2 single beds

9. Re: Looking for budget Athens hotel near Parthenon.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 23:16