We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hellenic Seaways in August: When to buy ticket?

Pretoria, South...
Level Contributor
332 posts
65 reviews
Save Topic
Hellenic Seaways in August: When to buy ticket?

We have to travel to Spetses from Piraeus on 29 August. Is better to buy the ticket online now, or to wait until we arrrive in Athens on 26 August? I have to travel on the specific date.

Thanks

Peterborough
Level Contributor
280 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Hellenic Seaways in August: When to buy ticket?

If you have plenty of time before sailing, I would buy online, the price is the same.

Two small problems.

1. They are playing about with the times at the moment.

2. They do not refund or change tickets if you miss the sailings. Check the T & C's.

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
572 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hellenic Seaways in August: When to buy ticket?

spetses is a popular weekend destination for atheniens, many of them have houses there, therefore the transport gets very busy.

you are travelling on a wednesday which is not usually so busy. however you can get random large parties travelling, usually to hydra, or maybe a large school outing. i think i would book to be on the safe side.

as diggersmate said they are playing around with the timetables at the moment ( they recently sold the huge flying cat 2 to Korea)

The first dolpin usually leaves at 8am and the last at 6.30pm (maybe later in august) with several more in-between.

good luck

Pretoria, South...
Level Contributor
332 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hellenic Seaways in August: When to buy ticket?

Thank you!

Will book the 13h25 to be safe.

How will I know if they changed the times?

Perhaps just confirm when I am in Athens?

4. Re: Hellenic Seaways in August: When to buy ticket?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 July 2013, 21:17