We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Party District in Athens near a Metro Station?

Which Athens hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
117 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Party District in Athens near a Metro Station?

Hello All,

Can any one suggest which would be a cool area to stay in Athens, which is near the nightlife (clubs, bars, cafe etc). Ideally also looking to be close the metro to get the Airport.

I've look a number of reviews on TA was thinking of Psiri or Plaka ? Looking for a 3 or 4 star hotels, again any recommendation would be great.

Any suggestions would be most welcome.

Many thanks,

nc usa
Level Contributor
1,948 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Party District in Athens near a Metro Station?

Monastiraki- right next to Psirri- A is for Athens Hotel would be my suggestion.

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
7 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Party District in Athens near a Metro Station?

I'd suggest Plaka (strongly), Monastiraki and the general area around Syntagma Square. All have easy metro access. Psiri has lost its mojo a long time ago re.nightlife, which has moved to the neighbouring area of Gazi.

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
572 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Party District in Athens near a Metro Station?

gazi is a great place to spend an evening, lots of bars, restaurants theatres etc. it was once an industrial area and very grubby, now it is buzzing with street life. it is a slightly avant garde bohemian area, loads of alternative bars theatres as well as the more mainstream.

the subway station is right in the middle of the huge square with most of the bars, so very easy to navigate. go down some of the side streets to find some of the more quirky interesting places.

gazi is very greek i would say (not very touristy) i was there on saturday evening and it was very quiet until after 10.30. in the summer athenians are on the beach until the early evening (if not working)due to the heat, so go out very late

it really is the coolest area in athens just now, give it a try

Athens, Greece
Destination Expert
for Athens
Level Contributor
13,604 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Party District in Athens near a Metro Station?

Indeed, 10.30pm is still tea time for Gazi.

It will be a bit quiet ( relatively for Greek standards ) at summer weekdays but it's definitely a great place on Friday / Saturday.

Psirri is also great, but leately, Gazi tends to be the hotspot. Depending where you are, Gazi is more late nighlife, Plaka can be afternoon to evening, Psirri evening. We tend to walk from one to other.

London, United...
Level Contributor
117 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Party District in Athens near a Metro Station?

Great, thank you all for your advice.

Kind regards

6. Re: Party District in Athens near a Metro Station?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2013, 19:17