We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Report Athens Airport to Hilton

Mason City, Iowa
Level Contributor
2,624 posts
141 reviews
Save Topic
Report Athens Airport to Hilton

We arrived yesterday morning (Sunday) and decided to take the X-95 bus into Athens. The cost was 5 Euros each. You buy the tickets at the kiosk in front of the airport. ( Just exit the airport doors turn left and walk down to where the buses are lined up out front...very easy. There was plenty of room for us and our luggage. We were a bit concerned that we'd miss our stop at the Hilton (I took a picture of the route posted on the bus ceiling so we could follow our progress). However, as before a kindly Greek asked what stop we were looking for. I showed him and he pressed the stop button for us when the Hilton stop arrived. We might have missed it otherwise, as the stops are hard to see and the bus doesn't stop at every stop (so you can't count stops). Anyway, we were very appreciative of this Greek gentleman as he pointed out where the Hilton was located as we exited the bus. The trip only took 40 minutes as traffic was very light at ten O'clock on a Sunday morning. The incoming Hilton stop is about 400 meters from the hotel. The outgoing Hilton stop is right outside the hotel. The Metro stop is across the street and through a park. It's about a 5-10 minute walk. Anyway, our first day in Athens was great! We love returning to this city....and for all the worriers, Atlhens hasn't changed. It's still a very safe place to visit!

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
178 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Report Athens Airport to Hilton

I have found that many tourists are afraid to ask information from locals,please do,if one doesn't speak english the second one will.

I myself have tried to assist people on buses or tourist areas but they seem concerned to seek info from locals.

2. Re: Report Athens Airport to Hilton

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 December 2013, 03:17