We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

switerzland to greece

Which Athens hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore
Level Contributor
257 posts
Save Topic
switerzland to greece

hi,

how do i get from swizterland to greece? is there overnite train or the only way is by plane?

Molaoi, Greece
Destination Expert
for Naxos, Peloponnese
Level Contributor
3,623 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: switerzland to greece

There are no international trains from anywhere to Greece right now. Either fly or take a ferry from Venice to Patras or Igoumenitsa.

Singapore
Level Contributor
257 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: switerzland to greece

hi i planning to go in may, will there be trains in may?

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
2,238 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: switerzland to greece

No.Nobody knows if they will start again. Only during the summer there was connection twice a week with FYROM. . http://goo.gl/yEiVO.

Other options here. http://goo.gl/XW0Ue .

Edited: 29 December 2012, 07:57
Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
2,238 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: switerzland to greece

Anyway the distance from Geneve to Athens is 2430 klm.So even with trains running it would take at least 24 hours of non stop travel

Singapore
Level Contributor
257 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: switerzland to greece

thks all :)

if i taking plane, shd i take from Geneve or zurich to greece? which is the cheapest airline to take?

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: switerzland to greece

Hey and welcome pinkylyn:-) Take a look at www.kayak.com/ Great consolidator's consolidator site;-) If you don't mind changing planes, there are some deals.. of course, www.swiss.com/ which is the national carrier would be the way to go although they can be pricey! There is another carrier.. forget the name now.. but came across it when I was looking for air from Geneva.. it's a French or Swiss based low cost carrier.. hopefully, someone here knows what I'm talking about;-) I'd rec that you also post this in the dedicated 'Air Travel' Forum here.. some great folks there.. am sure they'll be able to provide some good insight for you;-) Happy planning.. Happy New Year.. and enJOY!

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
1,634 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: switerzland to greece

Easyjet seems to fly from Geneva.

8. Re: switerzland to greece

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 January 2014, 10:16