We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Safe areas in Athens?

World
Level Contributor
53 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Safe areas in Athens?

Hello! I'm going to Athens in Fabruary and I want to stay in a safe hotel in a safe area, if that's possible. Last time I was in Athens I stayed at Athos Hotel, and my room got robbed. I don't want this to happen again, so I'm looking for a safe hotel in safe surroundings in walking distance from Monastiraki and Plaka. Any suggestions?

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
85 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Safe areas in Athens?

Hi Litsa - I was looking at Marble House Pension (picked up the 'suburb' bit from their website :) http://www.marblehouse.gr/hotel_distances.htm). Looks very good to me. Thanks, Uday.

Edited: 25 January 2013, 06:47
World
Level Contributor
53 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Safe areas in Athens?

Thanks a lot for good advises, everyone! I have now booked five nights at Attalos, double room with veranda. Is that veranda on the Athinas Street side, or do they also have verandas on the other side of the building?

Athens, here I come!

23. Re: Safe areas in Athens?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 25 January 2013, 17:15
Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
2,300 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Safe areas in Athens?

Hello Uday.It seems very nice. The place is ok

London, United...
Level Contributor
17,669 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Safe areas in Athens?

Probably the front, facing Athinas. All the front rooms have verandas, and some of the back rooms have what I (and I think they) call balconies. Ask them if you want to be sure. Rooms at the back are quieter (though Athinas isn't a very noisy street: there is traffic, but not people/party noise) and the ones with balconies on the upper floors (5 and 6) have good Acropolis views.

If you specify what you want, they will try do their best to give it to you.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
85 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Safe areas in Athens?

@ Litsa, aldro10 - it was a toss-up between Marble House and Art Gallery - finally zeroed in on AG - closer to Acropolis, a lower percentage of negative feedback on TA, and they were very prompt with their responses. Asked for a room on the front, with a balcony. Looking forward to it! Thanks everyone, for all the great suggestions.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: Safe areas in Athens?

Our pleasure Udayadittya:-) Good call! I've never been inside the Art Gallery but have passed it many times.. again, it's a wonderful area and think you'll find the main pedestrianized street there, Dragou, a great place to grab a bite;-) Keep us posted.. keep enJOYin'!

Level Contributor
13 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: Safe areas in Athens?

Im looking to go october aswell and looking for a good one, having trouble finding any of the hotels you mention on expedia

Manchester, Vermont
Level Contributor
1,539 posts
220 reviews
Save Reply
29. Re: Safe areas in Athens?

Be very careful which area you choose and don't get off at the wrong Metro stop.

Enjoy.

30. Re: Safe areas in Athens?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 February 2014, 13:38
Edited: 06 February 2014, 13:38