We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay - 3 nights mid April

Ballarat
Level Contributor
67 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay - 3 nights mid April

We are arriving in Athens in mid April for 3 nights.I was looking at staying in Alimos

but am now wondering whether I should stay closer to the centre. Where would be a better area in central Athens fo us to stay?

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
339 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay - 3 nights mid April

Hi there

The areas closest to the main outdoor sights are Thission, Syntagma, Plaka and Syntagma. Have a look at the Airotel Parthenon, it sits on a quiet side street and is just a few minutes level stroll from the Temple of Zeus and Hadrian's arch, walk the other way for 10 minutes via Lysakratous Square and you are in the heart of Plaka. The northern end of Makri St, where the Airotel is, joins with the pedestrianised walkway that skirts the sides of the Acropolis.

I stayed in the Airotel and found it friendly, reasonably priced, great staff, free aircon and breakfast included in the rates.

Edited: 21 March 2013, 15:16
New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay - 3 nights mid April

Hey and welcome CheenoBallarat:-) I echo GB's great advise.. with 3 nights (basically 2 full days), no better or convenient place to stay and take in all this wonderful City has to offer than staying in the hub;-) Loads of the central areas around Syntagma, Plaka, Monasteraki are pedestianized and blend into each at some point.. great for walking and taking in central sites! There are loads of properties in area to cover all budgets.. with a budget spread, am sure you'll get some great rec's here in addition to the Airotel Parthenon.. which may just fit the bill;-) Happy planning.. and enJOY!

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
339 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay - 3 nights mid April

Oops sorry, I put "Syntagma " twice when I did mean to put "Monasteraki"..

Oslo, Norway
Destination Expert
for Oslo, Naxos, Norway
Level Contributor
22,334 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay - 3 nights mid April

I second the recommendation of Airotel Parthenon:

http://tinyurl.com/yj9wbj3

Acropolis area

http://tinyurl.com/czdx56

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
1,634 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to stay - 3 nights mid April

Avoid Alimos area - it takes you at least an hour to get to the city centre and back, depending on traffic congestion.

Advices given to you earlier are good!

Ballarat
Level Contributor
67 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to stay - 3 nights mid April

Thank you for your replies and suggestions. We will definitely look for a place in the city central area.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to stay - 3 nights mid April

Our pleasure:-) Keep us posted.. keep enJOYin'!

8. Re: Where to stay - 3 nights mid April

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 March 2014, 04:18