We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

urgent help please with ferry info

Which Athens hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
essex
Level Contributor
327 posts
356 reviews
Save Topic
urgent help please with ferry info

We have booked 4 nights at the plaka hotel and 3 nights on poros arriving in athens 27th april and getting the ferry to poros on 1st may returning back on the 4th may. Didn't expect to be able to book on open seas site till a few weeks prior but you can access dates up to 14th april go to book which gives you a list of agents and then you can change your dates but when i enter 1st may and return 4th of may the outward date is moved forward a day, tried this on 3 agents so I assume it means there are not ferrys to poros on 1st may. Could someone please confirm is this is the case as i will have to try and change my hotel bookings. It is my 3rd return to plaka and poros and though all i had to avoid was the "greek easter" dates hence returning on the 4th.

Oslo, Norway
Destination Expert
for Oslo, Naxos, Norway
Level Contributor
21,112 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: urgent help please with ferry info

May 1st is Labour Day all over Europe.

Lindesnes...
Destination Expert
for Southern Norway, Cyclades
Level Contributor
4,405 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: urgent help please with ferry info

GTP.gr shows 4 departures for Poros on may 1th.

08:00 ; 10:00 : 14:00 and 18:30

essex
Level Contributor
327 posts
356 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: urgent help please with ferry info

Wow that was a quick reply, it's the supercat hydro foil I wanted and looks like its the supercat XVIII.. Did try to use the GTP site but I am struggling so are there any fast hydrofoil crossings on may Ist labour day ?

Lindesnes...
Destination Expert
for Southern Norway, Cyclades
Level Contributor
4,405 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: urgent help please with ferry info

There is always a danger of demonstrations or strikes on Labour day, but normally sailings should go as normal. BTW The hydrofoil isn't a catamaran, but what they call a Flying Dolphin.

GTP.GR Works fine for me, but be aware there are more than one Poros. You have to chose the correct one, port code: POR.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
12,101 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: urgent help please with ferry info

Those are the fast ferries. The Hydrofoils are things named like Flying Dolphin XVIII, and the ones called Flyingcat 6 are catamarans both are fast ferries.

essex
Level Contributor
327 posts
356 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: urgent help please with ferry info

Thanks for the updates but now we have reflected on the very possible labour day issues it may be better to spend an extra day in plaka rather than take a chance on no sailings on the 1st. Lucky enough both our bookings can be cancelled so we should be able to just stay 2 nights on Poros and 5 in Athens. We have 4 nights booked at the Plaka hotel were we have stayed before but it have just noticed for the same moey we can stay at the Royal Olympic. Both offer breakfast , did like the breakfast at the plaka but the reviews for the breakie at the RALook very good as well. It looks abouta 10 min stroll further away but it is a far superior looking hotel , has a pool and also a good roof view. Has anyone stayed at at Royal Olympic , I do realize that my comparison is for the superior and not the deluxe rooms and the former ay suffer a bit traffic notice but which would you choose ??

Regards in advance Eric

7. Re: urgent help please with ferry info

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 April 2014, 06:15