We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Athens to Mycenae and back by bus.

Which Athens hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago
Level Contributor
29 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Athens to Mycenae and back by bus.

Can anyone tell me what the exact bus is to get to Mycenae and where it is located. I don't want tour info, I want to take a bus. Thanks!

concord nh
Level Contributor
3,023 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Athens to Mycenae and back by bus.

It may be a very difficult bus trip. There is a bus to Nafplio then there are buses to Mycenae but it may be more than you want to deal with for a day trip. I would suggest taking the bus from Athens to Nafplio and basing yourself there for day trips to Mycenae, Epidavrous and surrounding sites. Nafplio is a wonderful town and probably one of the nicest in all of Greece with a lovely Old Town to stay in. There is a bus station just outside the Old Town with trips to various sites in the surrounding area. It's all very easy for a do-it-your-selfer and at a very low price for the bus.

bridgnorth
Level Contributor
3,399 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Athens to Mycenae and back by bus.

While I agree with the above information and suggestions ; the bus from Athens (Kiffisou bus terminal) to Nafplio, about every hour, passes through Fichti , which would be the drop off point for Mycenae. I think the ancient site is two kilometers away. So a taxi ?

Windsor, United...
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
20,685 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Athens to Mycenae and back by bus.

Hi,

This link provides the bus schedule for the area:

www.ktel-argolidas.gr/…

Of what I remember there is a walk as suggested above but both times I visited the site passing drivers stopped to give me a lift.

Edited: 06 April 2013, 14:20
4. Re: Athens to Mycenae and back by bus.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 April 2014, 06:17