We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Time between flights

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
132 posts
74 reviews
Save Topic
Time between flights

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if someone could advise me if this looks reasonable amount of time to change gates/planes in Athens airport?

Arrive on Olympic Air, Naxos to Athens 8.50am Sat 26/10/13

Depart on Easy jet, Athens to Paris 10.45am

Carry on luggage only

I understand that Easy jet often run behind schedule but I don't guess you can count on that.

Thanks very much and best wishes

CE

Harbin, China
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
21,311 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Time between flights

Hi,

Two hours is sufficient to change flights but even if your Easy Jet flight is a little late you will still have to check in at the usual time.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
132 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Time between flights

Thanks AjarnAndy,

The easy jet ticket says check in closes 10.05am but i'm wondering how far between gates

and time getting off Olympic etc.

It would be good if we could make it as we could spend an extra day in Athens prior to leaving for the island and avoid going back into Athens on the return leg.

Wondering what others think, do you consider it reasonable?

Thanks

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
410 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Time between flights

Hi Clarice E, you have 1 hour between your flights, in case there is no delay of the flight from Naxos you will have enough time to make it. Upon your arrival you will need to go one floor up from arrivals to departures (easy).

As you already have decide to spent one day in Athens, why you do not do the opposite? when you will arrive in Athens take a flight to the island and stay your last night in Athens before your flight to Paris, by this way you will be safe for not missing your flight.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
132 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Time between flights

Hi Economy HotelAthens,

Thanks very much especially for your information about the directions.

. Well, we had the idea of spending three days in Athens (hopefully all in a row)

and then catching the ferry to Naxos (to try that out) and flying back to avoid possible ferry delays.

it's the medium priced option to ferry one way and fly the other.

London, United...
Level Contributor
17,163 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Time between flights

It's plenty of time. You have almost two hours, your flight from Naxos is unlikely to be late, it will be a small plane so you'll get off quickly, and as you have only hand luggage you won't have any holdups in the airport. As for Easyjet, It isn't the case that they often run behind schedule. In 10-12 years of flying with Easy jet at least a couple of times a year, I've only once had a major delay (of two hours). Most of the others have been on time, or 10-15 minutes early. Their late flights are more likely to be a few minutes late than their early ones since they keep their planes busy in the air all day and may lose a bit of tim during the turnarounds, but your flight is an early one.

You'll probably have an hour or so to cool your heels in the airport, which will be nice: Athens airport is the best I know for shopping and browsing. There is also a small museum displaying some of the finds that were excavated when the airport was being built.

Edited: 13 April 2013, 08:24
Lindesnes...
Destination Expert
for Southern Norway, Cyclades
Level Contributor
4,570 posts
196 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Time between flights

I have a flight from Naxos with arrival Athens 15:50. My next flight is KLM at 17:15. I have to collect luggage and check in again. As I have done this before, I expect it to be fine. Flights from Naxos to Athens is almost always a little ahead of schedule, debarking fast, and it is close between arrivals and departure halls, one stair up.

7. Re: Time between flights

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 April 2014, 06:17