We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

strike 1st May

Which Athens hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
465 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
strike 1st May

As we arrive on the BA flight at 3.30am on 1st May it looks like we'll need to stay in Athens overnight.

we'd like to buy our Flying Dolphin for the next day (2nd May) in advance as we especially need to catch the 8.50am from Pireaus to Agistri, and I think that day will be rather busy.

Am I right in thinking that I can buy them at the airport?

thank you

Athens, Greece
Destination Expert
for Peloponnese, Athens
Level Contributor
8,538 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: strike 1st May

Yes you can, Amphitrion is right there on arrivals level. See the airport map here,

http://www.aia.gr/flash_files/imap.asp

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
410 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: strike 1st May

Hi BIRDHOVELL, you can follow the advice of "Yiassas", you have the option to buy the tickets online from the web site of the ferry company www.hellenicseaways.gr and collect them at the port, 1 hour before the departure of the ferry.

concord nh
Level Contributor
3,023 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: strike 1st May

Ah yes . . . the dreaded Wednesdays General Strikes. What is it about Greeks that they love to have major strikes on a Wednesday? Whenever we travel to Greece we NEVER book arrival or departures on a Wednesday!

London, United...
Level Contributor
465 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: strike 1st May

Yes but we're catching an early Flying Dolphin so it would be really inconvenient to get there an hour before.... is it the same price to buy tickets directly at the airport?

thank you

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: strike 1st May

.. there are 2 agencies at the airport right in the arrival's hall next to .. or close to each other;-) Along with Amphitryon, there's also Pacific Travel.. I believe you're arriving sometime around 3:30a.. if so, would check to make sure they're open.. believe they're manned 24X7 but not sure;-) Also.. again, not sure, but believe they do charge a small fee.. around 2E or so for ferry ticket purchases! I've never used either of them but am sure someone here has.. or knows.. and hopefully will kick in here clarifying;-) Keep enjoyin' all!

bridgnorth
Level Contributor
3,399 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: strike 1st May

Yes they are open 24/7 and they do charge a small fee.

7. Re: strike 1st May

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 April 2014, 05:16