We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recommendations on where to stay for 2 days

Halifax, Canada
1 post
Save Topic
Recommendations on where to stay for 2 days

Hi,

I am ending a cruise in Athens on August 11, 2013, and staying in Athens for 2 days. Should I stay in Piraeus area and do my touring from there, stay closer to airport, or stay downtown. We are not renting a car, and we will have luggage that we can easily manage to carry around. Any tips would be appreciated. We have been to Athens once before, but it was only passing through, so we have not seen any of Athens.

Private Greece Tours
Archaeology Tours, Private Tours, Multi-day Tours, Day Trips, Sightseeing Tours
Athens Limo Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Taxis & Shuttles, Walking Tours, Archaeology Tours, Private Tours
Athens Taxi John's Yellow Cab
Sightseeing Tours, Taxis & Shuttles, Archaeology Tours, City Tours, Private Tours
Athens Free Tour
Sightseeing Tours, Walking Tours, Archaeology Tours, City Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours
Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
2,297 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Recommendations on where to stay for 2 days

Hello Susan H .

Recommended areas are near Acropolis museum,Plaka,Monastiraki,Syntagma to be near the sights.

From Syntagma you can take bus or metro train that goes straight to the Airport.

The train departs also from Monastiraki

Here is a map with sights

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g189400-c115233/Athen…

You can find more information at the right hand corner of the page.Enjoy Athens :-)

Edited: 07 May 2013, 17:57
2. Re: Recommendations on where to stay for 2 days

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 May 2014, 05:16