We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best way to get fr Athens to Santorini & lodging @ Santorini

somewhere out there
Level Contributor
146 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Best way to get fr Athens to Santorini & lodging @ Santorini

Hi there,

I'm booked on a flight to Athens already for 1-7 June 2013! I'm excited to experience Greece up close and personal! :o)

Anyway , I have a few questions.

(1) I have 7 days in Greece (1-7 June 2013) and i want to slot in a visit to SANTORINI, aside from Athens, etc

What is the best (i.e. cheapest option also as I'm a budget traveller) way to get there from Athens? If by ferry, which company is most reliable?

I found these websites for ferry tix agents, Any other websites to recommend to me?

http://www.openseas.gr/openseas/index.html

http://www.gtp.gr/RoutesForm.asp

http://www.danae.gr/

(2) I will be arriving at Athens Airport on 1 June 2013. Is it just better to just buy the ferry ticket at the airport itself? Or cheaper if I buy online or a travel agent in town? Any price difference?

(3) How do I get to the respective PORT to catch the ferry , if I'm staying in PLAKA area? Which port goes to Santorini?

(4) Any budget lodging in Santorini in a safe area? My budget is around HOSTEL standards, approx EURO20- EURO 35

Thankyou

Berlin, Germany
Level Contributor
545 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Best way to get fr Athens to Santorini & lodging @ Santorini

Santorini is very expensive (especially if you want to stay in the nice part of the island like Oia,Fyrostefani or Fira and not in tourist traps like Kamari ) try the hostel in Oia

hostelbookers.com/hostels/…

best way to get there is by plane ,sometimes it costs almost the same w/ the ferries.

For ferries the only decent ones that will get you there in less than 14 hours are Blue Star Ferries (7 hours) and Hellenic Seaways Highspeed ferries google Blues Star Ferries and Hellenic Seaways or book through www.airtickets.gr

Singapore
Level Contributor
31 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best way to get fr Athens to Santorini & lodging @ Santorini

I am also going from Athens to Santorini. I will be in Athens from 8-12 June and flying to Santorini on the 12th on Aegean Airlines (one way). The cost is about a little over 100 euros inclusive of everything per person. Journey will take about 45 mins.

somewhere out there
Level Contributor
146 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Best way to get fr Athens to Santorini & lodging @ Santorini

Thanks kitsos for the hostel tip,etc

I plan to go to OIA..my nickname at home is OYA,sounds similar.haha.

How far is OIA fr the airport or fr the Seaport?

Any public transport to get there?

somewhere out there
Level Contributor
146 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Best way to get fr Athens to Santorini & lodging @ Santorini

Hi cwcyenk

Cool!we miss ea other by a day.haha.

Wl check out the flgt option.either buy online or buy at the airport on 1june itself

ohio
Level Contributor
434 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best way to get fr Athens to Santorini & lodging @ Santorini

We are flying from the US to Athens on June 5/6. On June 9 we are taking Blue Star ferry from Athens to Santorini. Our hotel will be sending a driver to pick us up. On the 13th we are flying Aegean from Santorini back to Athens and staying at an airport hotel. On the 14th we fly home. I have NO idea what we are doing when we get there yet. lol.

6. Re: Best way to get fr Athens to Santorini & lodging @ Santorini

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 June 2014, 07:17