We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Playgrounds in Athen

Budapest
Level Contributor
288 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Playgrounds in Athen

We are gong to Athens with our 2,5 year-old daughter. We would like to visit the main sights in the centre, but we also want to spend some time at playgrounds, so that she can run around and play as well. I have read that there is one in the National Gardens. Are there more near the center? We are going to stay close to the Sygrou-Fix metro station, maybe something in that area?

Thanks in advance for your advice!

Berlin, Germany
Level Contributor
545 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Playgrounds in Athen

Well if there is one thing that Athens is NOT known for it is DEFINITELY its playgrounds....you will be very lucky if you find one anywhere and most of them are ...pathetic...:):) the one in the National Garden is a bit better....but don't expect too much in such....luxury items..:):) like green,playgrounds,parks and other such amenities ... in a city with such a low quality of life like Athens....

Edited: 21 May 2013, 21:43
Berlin, Germany
Level Contributor
545 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Playgrounds in Athen

oh the low quality of life comment is not my point of view,it is sadly a fact...

ekathimerini.com/4dcgi/…2012_472837

citymayors.com/features/quality_survey.html

:(

Edited: 21 May 2013, 21:48
Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
2,303 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Playgrounds in Athen

www.cityofathens.gr/paidia/paidikes-xares

The new, modern and safe playgrounds comply with international safety standards and have the necessary certification from the Greek Organization for Standardization (ELOT). According to these standards, playgrounds placed on modern instruments of suitable materials, specifically designed to minimize children's accidents

1)Kountouriotou square Koukaki area 37.9622082068,23.7193795771

2)Dexamenis square Kolonaki area

This combines also an excellent open air cinema 37.9706,23.74177

Budapest
Level Contributor
288 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Playgrounds in Athen

Thank you both for your help!

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
972 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Playgrounds in Athen

I disagree with kitsos, there are plenty of playgrounds (Paidikh xara) around Athens that have more than enough equipment to keep a 2.5 year old entertained...

If you're near sygrou-fix, i think your nearest one is the one right down the bottom of Veikou street.

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
1,412 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Playgrounds in Athen

Well, I have no interest in playgrounds, but I think the National Gardens are fantastic. You can see tortoises there ...

7. Re: Playgrounds in Athen

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 May 2014, 06:17