We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recommendations for a restaurant

Nicosia, Cyprus
Level Contributor
161 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Recommendations for a restaurant

Hi to all. I will be in Athens next week with my wife and would like to take out 4 other Greek friends. We will be staying at a hotel near Syntagma square. I am looking for a REALLY good restaurant in terms of food quality and ambience. Being a professional cook my self, I would definitely like to go to a restaurant that serves "new" Greek cuisine (or any other cuisine for that matter) and DEFINITELY avoid the tourist traps. In the past I visited Butcher Shop and Sardelles (good food but overpriced and hurried service - reminded me of fast food, just eat and leave), Tzitzikas and Mermigas (first 2 times really good food, last time mediocre), Furin Kazan (really good food, a bit pricey but worth it), a restaurant in Golden Hall (pretentious and pricey) and a couple more in Gazi (do not remember their name - good food but nothing memorable to make me return) and a few more in Psirri (quality varied over return visits). So in short: looking for a good restaurant, location does not matter, where 6 friends will have a casual dinner over GOOD food and have fun. I would even consider Microlimano (been there only a couple of times - pricey but good view). Thanks to all.

Andreas

1. Re: Recommendations for a restaurant

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 April 2014, 12:52
Edited: 23 April 2014, 12:52
2. Re: Recommendations for a restaurant

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Nicosia, Cyprus
Level Contributor
161 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Recommendations for a restaurant

Thank you. I have been to both Spondi and Varoulko, GREAT restaurants and you do pay for it, however you only live once. For this type of dinner though (casual, loud conversation, fun) I would prefer something closer to many little choices to share (mezedakia or meat restaurants), possibly with little music - I read many good reviews for Kozi's but it is kind of far away. The taxi ride will cost more than the dinner.

4. Re: Recommendations for a restaurant

Oslo, Norway
Destination Expert
for Oslo, Naxos, Norway
Level Contributor
22,113 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Recommendations for a restaurant

You could try Oineas in Psirri. Great Greek food with a modern twist.

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
140 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Recommendations for a restaurant

I would recommend Mono in Plaka. I just wrote a pending review, but there are other reviews here on TripAdvisor. Nice ambience and really creative good food.

concord nh
Level Contributor
3,468 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Recommendations for a restaurant

We love Scholandia (spelling?) in the Plaka District. Various menu depending on the number of diners. The last time there Oct. 2011 we had the "dinner" for 2 at 28 euros which included 5 choices of metzes, loaf of Greek bread, liter of house wine, liter of bottled water, and dessert. It was fantastic!

Oslo, Norway
Destination Expert
for Oslo, Naxos, Norway
Level Contributor
22,113 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Recommendations for a restaurant

I think you mean Scholarhio:

http://tinyurl.com/kzuvkub

9. Re: Recommendations for a restaurant

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

Removed on: 02 June 2014, 06:18