We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ferry from Rhodes to Athens

Which Athens hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New Delhi, Delhi...
6 posts
Save Topic
Ferry from Rhodes to Athens

Dear Sir/ Ma'am,

I am planning to take a ferry from Rhodes to Athens. I checked online and found that I have to book ferry from RODOS (Rhodes) port to PIRAEUS (Athens). Am i right? are they appropriate ports to related places?

Booking details are as follows-

RODOS-PIRAEUS 14-07-2013, 17:00 15-07-2013 , 08:05 BLUE STAR 2 BLUE STAR FERRIES

I am booking in AK-2 Airseat lounge. Is it comfortable?

It's cost is 64,50 Euro. does it mean sis thousand four hundred fifity euro?

And is it good to l travel from Rhodes to Athens by ferry ?

Warsaw, Poland
Level Contributor
3,483 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Ferry from Rhodes to Athens

Yes, the seats are comfortable and partly reclining but obviously spending the night in them can be a bit tiring. You may consider booking a bed in one of the cabins. 65.50 means sixty five euro fifty cents. If you do not like travelling by ferry you can choose a flight (Aegean Airlines, Olympic Air) for even less (I've had a quick look at Aegean website and it is showing flights available at 63 euros with all the taxes included)

Berlin, Germany
Level Contributor
545 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Ferry from Rhodes to Athens

at www.airtickets.gr you will find AIRPLANE tickets for that day for 61 euros!!!!

click on the upper right side (near the "skype" word) to change language into english (uk)

Edited: 08 June 2013, 13:41
New Delhi, Delhi...
6 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Ferry from Rhodes to Athens

Are the port codes ok?

Warsaw, Poland
Level Contributor
3,483 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Ferry from Rhodes to Athens

Why do you need the port codes since you already have the ports names?

Anyway, it's ROD for Rhodes and TZE for Piraeus.

Berlin, Germany
Level Contributor
545 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Ferry from Rhodes to Athens

Once again do yourself a favor and get an AIRPLANE....for less money than the ferry....

6. Re: Ferry from Rhodes to Athens

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 June 2014, 05:18