We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Athens/beach holiday

Level Contributor
4 posts
60 reviews
Save Topic
Athens/beach holiday

Hi all,

Hope someone can help! I'm planning a trip to Greece with my boyfriend. I personally don't like lying on a beach for a week so we've come to an agreement. Athens for a few days then we move onto an island or a pretty area near the coast to please him!

Anyone have any suggestions on where we could go after Athens? For a reasonable price would be great.

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
5,016 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Athens/beach holiday

just a thought since you don't seem keen to go to an island..you can compromise things...many people don't realize it,but athens is a town by the sea....actually,at the south region by the cast (paraliaki called by the locals ) is the most upskale area of athens full of gorgeous organised beaches( some very pricey though,especially asteras vouliagmenis) and fabulous open -air night clubs by the beach.

so if you are not willing to go to an island,stay 2-3 of nights in the center to visit all the sites there and then go to mantina hotel in paraliaki (been there twice with my ex,very nice hotel,google it,it has a report page in trip advisor too..perfect for romance)..it's not like being in a greek island,you are still in the city. but it is close to great beaches ,beach cafes and clubs for the night .

anyway,it was just a thought.but if you want to visit a greek island by all meansd do,i am sure other members here would help you to chose one

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
410 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Athens/beach holiday

Hi loco87, an island is a short distance from Athens with not expensive ferry tickets to stay for 2 or 3 days is Aegina

Edited: 11 July 2013, 06:00
3. Re: Athens/beach holiday

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 July 2014, 06:19