We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

6 site ticket question

Which Athens hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Plano, Texas
Level Contributor
115 posts
Save Topic
6 site ticket question

If I buy the 6 site ticket, can you tell me what it includes? I know it includes Acropolis.

Question1: Exactly what in Acropolis does this cover?

Question2: Which other sites can I see?

Question3: We are two adults and two kids - 15 and 9. I am assuming that we only need two tickets. Right?

Question4: Which place is the best to buy this in the shortest amount of time? Our travel time is August 11th through 15th.

Thanks to anyone who responds.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
82,363 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 6 site ticket question

1. There are no separate areas at the Acropolis: it is one site.

2. The Agora, the Roman forum, the Temple of Olympian Zeus, the Kerameikos, and the theatre of Dionysos.

3. You will need 3 tickets, I think.

4. Buy at the Acropolis ticket office. Or the ticket office of any of the other sights included in the ticket.

Plano, Texas
Level Contributor
115 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: 6 site ticket question

Thanks.

Are the sites you mentioned in #2 near the Acropolis?

Athens, Greece
Destination Expert
for Athens
Level Contributor
13,516 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 6 site ticket question

1. It covers everything on the Acropolis site. Acropolis is the hill, so Parthenone, Erectheion and all the other buildings on the Hill are included. It does not cover the Acropolis Museum which is a separate venue, down the Hill. Ticket for this is 5 euros for adults and 3 euros of each one of the kids.

2. As said :) + Hadrian's Library.

3. You 'll need 2 tickets, one for each adult. The two kids enter for free.

4. Most essential is not where you 'll buy the ticket from but when. If possible be up there at 07.45am - 07.55am ( you need 15' to reach the point from Akropoli station on Red line so if you start from there start at around 07.30 - 07.40am ) to get the first tickets with a 3 - 5 minutes waiting time. That will be the main booth. Queue will start growing immensely at 08.30am, so if you reach the site early, then you 'll have the site for you for appx. 40 - 45 minutes which is a good time.

If you don't manage to be there seo arly plan visiting the Acropolis at the end of the day at around 6.30pm. Starting from Akropoli station, start the visit from Dionussus' theater. Get a full Acropolis ticket at the counters there, visit the Theater and then ascend to the Acropolis. That means starting from the Theater at around 5.30pm, visiting the theater at starting the ascend at appx. 6.00 - 6.15pm.

Edited: 30 July 2013, 06:38
Athens, Greece
Destination Expert
for Athens
Level Contributor
13,516 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 6 site ticket question

Map with what's included in the Acropolis ticket: http://goo.gl/maps/iUmRq

Walking map: Akropoli station -> Acropolis -> Agora, here: tinyurl.com/Acropolis-Agora-walk-English

Plano, Texas
Level Contributor
115 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: 6 site ticket question

Thanks nick_arch for the valuable info. We really don't have a lot of choice of the time as our time is short. If we start the ascend at 6:15 PM, we have an hour and 15 minutes to see the whole Acropolis. Is that enough time?

Question2: How long do we have to wait if we go there at 1 PM in the afternoon?

Edited: 30 July 2013, 12:33
Arlington, Virginia
Level Contributor
11,683 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 6 site ticket question

We just got back from Athens and discovered that the various sites covered by the 6-site ticket all seem to close at different times of the day. In fact, we almost missed seeing the Agora because it closed at 3pm, not 7:30 pm as our guidebook had indicated. In order not to miss seeing a special site, be sure to ask about the closing times for each one when you purchase your ticket.

I agree with Nick that seeing the Acropolis at the end of the day is an excellent way to do it. Our daughter, who had visited Athens 2 years ago made this same recommendation to us. We arrived at the main entry to the Acropolis around 5pm and there were not that many people there--no lines to enter. We leisurely saw all the sites on the Acropolis and then exited by the Theatre of Dionysus. This took us about 90 minutes.

I don't think you will want to be on the top of the Acropolis at 1pm. Not only will you be surrounded by tour groups and hordes of other people, but you will be dealing the extreme midday heat. (I'm used to both Texas and Washington D.C. heat/humidity, but I never felt so hot as I did last week in Athens!)

Athens, Greece
Destination Expert
for Athens
Level Contributor
13,516 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 6 site ticket question

Please keep in mind also that most guidebooks, especially international publications, are not accurate when it comes to sites opening times.

8. Re: 6 site ticket question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 August 2014, 05:17