We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Athen Airport To Ferry Transfer Time?

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
17 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Athen Airport To Ferry Transfer Time?

I fly from Mykonos to Athens on Sept 6 scheduled to arrive at 12:30 PM. I have to wait for luggage. What are my odds of making a 2:00 PM Ferry and what is the fastest/most predictable way to reach the Ferry. Taxi, Private Car Driver, bus, subway.

Thanks!

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,119 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Athen Airport To Ferry Transfer Time?

2 pm ferry from where? piraeus or rafina port?

there are 2 ports for Athens...

rafina is for the Cyclades ferries usually...(where you are flying in from!)

you will not make it to piraeus in under 75-90 minutes by x96 bus in the afternoon.

taxi is quite expensive and a bit quicker, and the direct x96 bus is 5 euros,

so a 2pm ferry from there is not gonna happen for you imho.

rafina in a taxi is about 25-30 minutes and there is also a ktel bus.(about 30-40 mins)

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Athen Airport To Ferry Transfer Time?

Hey and welcome DougBoston:-) I don't think you have enough time to make a 2p ferry.. assuming you're looking at departing from Piraeus?;-) The run alone from the airport can take up to an hour even in a cab! There is an express bus X96 that does the airport/Piraeus run as well.. it's all traffic dependent so you're looking at about an hour either way.. give or take! If you're ferry departs from Rafina, you 'may' be able to make that one since it takes barely half an hour to get there ,. there are also buses from the airport that do that run as well;-) Again, if it's from Piraeus, I wouldn't bet making it.. especially since you'll have to wait for luggage and then hit the road.. pretty tight! Best.. and enJOY!

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,119 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Athen Airport To Ferry Transfer Time?

agree, BTW where are you hoping getting the 2pm ferry to?

perhaps posters here can help you with alternates etc etc

regards

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
17 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Athen Airport To Ferry Transfer Time?

Thanks for the feedback. Yes taking the ferry from from Piraeuso Sepstes. I understand there is an option to drive a couple of hours to reach a ferry port just across from Sepstes but not sure if that would be recommended. We have to be in Sepstes by 9/6 so our other options would be to overnight in Athens or take a crack of dawn flight from Mykonos as far as I know .

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Athen Airport To Ferry Transfer Time?

Our pleasure:-) Well, those are indeed your options.. fly in earlier at the crack of dawn.. get in a day earlier either via flight or ferry and o/n in Athens! You're call of course.. personally, I hate those early morning flights but sometimes, you just gotta do what ya gotta do;-)) And it's 'Spetses';-)) Keep us posted.. keep enjoyin'!

bridgnorth
Level Contributor
3,450 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Athen Airport To Ferry Transfer Time?

If I've read your question correctly; you want to reach Spetses on Sept 6th.

As said above the X96 bus transfer , from airport arrivals to Piraeus takes about an hour and costs €5.

There is a Flying Dolphin hydrofoil leaving Piraeus at 19.30 arriving at Spetses at 22.00.

You can check ferry schedules on the Greek Travel Pages website.

Apologies if I've misunderstood.

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
17 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Athen Airport To Ferry Transfer Time?

Thank you very much for your response, I am hoping there are options for arriving before 22.00.

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
17 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Athen Airport To Ferry Transfer Time?

Sorry for the spelling. Thanks for correcting.

Berlin, Germany
Level Contributor
545 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Athen Airport To Ferry Transfer Time?

> I understand there is an option to drive a couple of hours to reach a ferry port just across from Sepstes <

This is one of the best drives in Greece through a magnificent and green scenery and you ca also stop and check Epidavros on your way back,it is a 2,5-3 hour drive and the road needs a bit of attention after Isthmos (many road curves),you will also have to pay 10 euros per day in the parking oposite Spetses plus 30 euros to cross across the channel in a Sea Taxi if the cheap ferry across is not available.

10. Re: Athen Airport To Ferry Transfer Time?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 August 2014, 06:20