We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lycabettus hill question

Which Athens hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
westland michigan
Level Contributor
97 posts
Save Topic
Lycabettus hill question

My understanding is that this is one of the best views in Athens. My question is once at the top, is there one particular spot on the hill that you would go to.for the views.

Athens, Greece
Destination Expert
for Athens
Level Contributor
13,561 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lycabettus hill question

Lycabettus hillis big, but hill top is rather small, so, there is nowhere else to go than the top :)

Basically, it's a chapel right on the top and the views are available by built terraces all around, i guess it's 4 - 5 of them not bigger than 50ft by 50 ft each.

Views are available all around, but i guess we could say the 'best' views are towards the Acropolis; that's the terrace on the very top, in front of the chapel, although views really are stunning all around.

Here: www.yenbaet.com/img/s11/v30/p1114495518-3.jpg ( yes, views are even better during the night, so if you are visiting on one of the warm months, plan beingthere around sunset time, to see both day views and night views )

westland michigan
Level Contributor
97 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Lycabettus hill question

Thanks Nick.

Oslo, Norway
Destination Expert
for Oslo, Naxos, Norway
Level Contributor
21,114 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lycabettus hill question

Lycabettus views at night:

http://tinyurl.com/42wgc54

westland michigan
Level Contributor
97 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Lycabettus hill question

Nice pictures- Thanks.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lycabettus hill question

Hey and welcome hilar_10:-) If you take the funicular (teleferik) ride up, you'll arrive at the very *top*.. no higher you can go;-) As mentioned, it's not a large space.. you'll easily walk around and find your fave spot;-) Have fun.. and enjoy!

6. Re: Lycabettus hill question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 September 2014, 06:32