My husband and I will be in Athens in mid Oct for 2 full days and 3 nights. I know we are a bit short on time so am trying to make sure no time is wasted. My questions are:
1. Are there usually long lines to get tickets at the site?
2. If so, could you purchase tickets online in advance?
3. Can you buy a pass that allows you to most of the main sites?
4. I also read that there are free entrance days and discounts. Would like to know more about that.
5. My husband has bad knees, so long distance walking is difficult. Is there transportation available within the pedestrianized area at all? Does the Hop On Hop Off bus travel in the Acropolis area?
6. Is ATM the best way to get local currency? If not, what's the best place to exchange money?
7. Given our short stay, besides the Acropolis and Acropolis Museum, what other basic main sites we should not miss?
I would greatly appreciate your advice.