We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tickets for Greece world Cup qualifying game Oct 15th

ryman1980
7 posts
Save Topic
Tickets for Greece world Cup qualifying game Oct 15th

I will be in Athens on Oct 15th and was thinking about trying to catch the world Cup qualifying game at Karaiskakis Stadium vs Liechtenstein.

1. Does anyone know if these tickets have gone on sale yet?

2. How difficult will it be to get 7 tickets (traveling with large group)?

3. Can these tickets be bought in advance online or will I have to purchase them at the stadium? 4. what is the average cost of tickets?

Thanks

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
4,583 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Tickets for Greece world Cup qualifying game Oct 15th

hi..you will have absolutely no problem getting the tickets at the day of the game ..just show up and buy them before the match starts....lichtenstain is a very weak opponent and greeks don't follow the national team the way they follow their clubs..the stadium can hold 33.000 viewers,i will be very suprised if more than 10-15.000 viewers show up that day..

in the recent game against latvia which is a stronger opponent than lichtenstain about 20.000 showed up and it was considered a very good turn out..

the ticket prices will start from something like 15-20 euros for each..if you are used to english style football it may seem too slow for you though..don't expect any premier league quality...if you are familiar with greek national team we are not the most spectacular football team of the world lol

ryman1980
7 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Tickets for Greece world Cup qualifying game Oct 15th

Thanks for the information.

I thought since there is a chance Greece could seal their ticket to the World Cup it might be a exciting atmosphere even if the game itself wont be that good.

3. Re: Tickets for Greece world Cup qualifying game Oct 15th

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 September 2014, 06:19