We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

"This is my Athens" - how quickly do they respond?

finland
Level Contributor
74 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
"This is my Athens" - how quickly do they respond?

Hello, can anyone tell how long does it take before one gets a reply from "This is my Athens?". I filled the forms on theír website two weeks ago, but I haven't heard anything (e.g. no comfirmation that they've received my request) since that. The dates I requested for the local "quide" were mid-Oct. Was I too early? Should I fill the forms one more time? It seems their website doesn't work at the moment. -midsummer

Mentioned in this post
Athens
Athens
Attica, Greece
UK
Level Contributor
368 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: "This is my Athens" - how quickly do they respond?

I filled in their form on line mid August and received a reply around 3 weeks later wih the details of our guide, date and time to meet, you then have to reply to confirm these details. it was one of the best days we had in Athens! We met Gianni at 11am and started walking (and talking!) and around 4 hours later had covered 11 Kms!! It was a great way to see the city and areas that are not on the tourist map.

I highly recommend the service and thank you to Aldro for bringing this site to our attention!!

Mentioned in this post
Athens
Athens
Attica, Greece
finland
Level Contributor
74 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: "This is my Athens" - how quickly do they respond?

Thank you Rin72 - both for your answer and for the positive review of the This is my Athens! I hope we'll also have a nice day with the local "quide". I aslo think this an excellent service from the City of Athens.

If we are lucky to have a nice tour, what would you think could be the best way to show the appreciation to the quide - tipping, perhaps? - If so, how much?

-midsummer

Mentioned in this post
Athens
Athens
Attica, Greece
UK
Level Contributor
368 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: "This is my Athens" - how quickly do they respond?

hi! I checked the website before travelling as I had the same query. It does say that the guide does not expect tips, or that they should be offered, but that's your call! I took a small gift from the UK of tea & biscuits in a tin modelled on a red phone box. As I didn't know if our guide would be male or female, or their age I figured food/drink covered all possibilities!!

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
2,335 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: "This is my Athens" - how quickly do they respond?

Thank for the comment Rln72.I like it that my post was useful :-)

Edited: 29 September 2013, 21:22
UK
Level Contributor
368 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: "This is my Athens" - how quickly do they respond?

Hi! ALL your posts have been useful!! I also attended a talk by an archaeologist at the New Acropolis Museum after seeing your post advising of this. I rushed to get there thinking that as there are only 25 places available I may not get one. In the end there were only 4 including me. I thought that more people would take up this opportunity, especially as its free!! I wish I could have fitted in the other 2 tours available. I plan to return in June, so that's on my list for then!!

Edited: 30 September 2013, 10:23
Mentioned in this post
Acropolis Museum
Acropolis Museum
28,316 Reviews
Athens, Greece
6. Re: "This is my Athens" - how quickly do they respond?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2014, 05:18