We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Free admission

Which Athens hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Free admission

I have read that some City sights have free admission on Sundays from November. Does anyone know if that will be the case this year?

Thanks

South Pole
Destination Expert
for Lesbos, Zagorohoria
Level Contributor
13,446 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Free admission

I am sure someone local will kick in with the answer, but meanwhile I would not plan a trip around saving €12, which is all it costs for a combined ticket to see the most iconic sights of Athens. One of the best values on the planet IMHO, when you consider what we have to pay here in the UK to visit even the most modest of "tourist attractions"!

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
410 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Free admission

Hi baham c, the first Sunday of each month (November till March) many sights (not all) have free entrance.

Edited: 30 October 2013, 12:12
Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
2,253 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Free admission

Every Thursday for a year all Benaki museum buildings have free entrance . www.benaki.gr/index.asp… .

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
2,253 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Free admission

MAIN BUILDING

. www.benaki.gr/index.asp?id=40201&lang=en .

BUILDING AT 138 PIREOS STREET

. www.benaki.gr/index.asp?id=40202&lang=en .

Islamic art collections

. www.benaki.gr/index.asp?id=40203&lang=en .

Nikos Hadjikyriakos-Ghika Gallery

. www.benaki.gr/index.asp?id=40206&lang=en .

5. Re: Free admission

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 November 2014, 03:18