We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Greece for 5 days

Karachi, Pakistan
Level Contributor
387 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
Greece for 5 days

Our family (1 child of 7yrs) are visiting Turkey for 10days and from there on are thinking of traveling to GREECE for 5 days.

We will be entering into Greece through Marmaris, Turkey. Can anyone suggest how and where to spend our 5 days in Greece

Thanks

Warsaw, Poland
Level Contributor
3,483 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Greece for 5 days

You only have time to see Rhodes, maybe with a day trip to Simi

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
4,850 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Greece for 5 days

rhodes and symi sound great..

ferry from marmaris to rhodes and from rhodes ferry to symi..

symi ..

planetbell.me/2013/…

Karachi, Pakistan
Level Contributor
387 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Greece for 5 days

Thanks

Do you guys think that i should include Greece for 5 days in my 15day vacation or should i go for ONLY Turkey for 15days.

Kindly suggest

Warsaw, Poland
Level Contributor
3,483 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Greece for 5 days

That is entirely up to you and depends on what you want to do and see. Rhodes is only 2 hours away from Marmaris so it is doable without having to waste a lot of time to travel. Note however that daily ferries run only from spring to autumn. If you are planning your vacation in months like Nov-March/April, you may not get a ferry on the day you would prefer.

Warsaw, Poland
Level Contributor
3,483 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Greece for 5 days

I forgot - unless you hold a passport that entitles you to 90-day visa free travel to Greece, you will need a Schengen visa which is a lot of hassle for just 5 days.

Karachi, Pakistan
Level Contributor
387 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Greece for 5 days

I would have to get SEPARATE visas for both Turkey and Greece. I understand that getting into Rhodes from Marmaris is not a problem at all.

So should it be like RHODES 3 DAYS + ATHENS 2 DAYS

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
4,017 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Greece for 5 days

Hi Asimm,

Once you have got a Schengen visa for Greece, you do not need to apply to a Turkish Consulate for the Turkish visa. In that case, will be eligible for the E-visa which you can get online: www.evisa.gov.tr

Greece is a beautiful country and I wouldn't miss the chance to see it.

Best of luck,

Borus

8. Re: Greece for 5 days

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 January 2015, 06:19