We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

More on Enterprise Rent a Car

Which Athens hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Princeton
Level Contributor
4 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
More on Enterprise Rent a Car

As I explained in my previous post my experience with Enterprise Rent a Car in San Juan, Puerto Rico was a nightmare. It will be hard to forget how many times we had to drive around the airport trying to find the Enterprise office and how once we finally got to the airport parking lot they told us we needed to exit once again because we were not in the spot belonging to Enterprise. It took a very long time to convince the manager they needed to take care of the car from there on because we could not drive the car to the place they indicated us as it was a real maze and we were going to miss our flight. In the end, they sent an employee to drive the car with us still in the car making many turns around the airport. He got lost too!! It was an hour later that we finally reached Enterprise in the aiport parking lot. Then we had to wait for another employee to bill us. We had to go through a very long line to check bags and then security. We arrived at the gate just before they closed the door!

But there is more... On January 4 I traveled again with my husband by train to Richmond, VA. Our travel agency booked a rental car with Enterprise. I must say that we had had two previous excellent experiences with Enterprise car rentals in Richmond and had been treated with care and respect. This time our train was supposed to arrive at 1:12 pm, but there was a storm and the train was delayed an hour. We arrived at 2pm. When I called Enterprise to be picked up at the train station no one answered. There was a message saying they closed on Saturdays at 12pm. I finally was able to find a connection with a person who told me there was nothing I could do but cancel my reservation because all offices were closed except at the airport. But we had never been told that they closed early on Saturdays.

Oslo, Norway
Destination Expert
for Oslo, Naxos, Norway
Level Contributor
21,376 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: More on Enterprise Rent a Car

Why is this posted in the Athens, Greece forum ?

Princeton
Level Contributor
4 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: More on Enterprise Rent a Car

This was a mistake. I wish I knew how to send it to the proper place.

Thessaloniki
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: More on Enterprise Rent a Car

I want to warn everyone not to use Enterprise car rental in Athens or Greece generally speaking. They found two small dents on the car I rented and charged me 428 Euro. The whole thing looks like it was pre-arranged. When I was taking the car, nobody offered me full insurance as if they were waiting for someone like me.

Avoid them at any cost!!!!

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
5 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: More on Enterprise Rent a Car

Dear Sir,

As a frequent renter from Enterprise Rent a car in Greece, I must say that i believe there was a fail of communication possibly from your side.

Some general tips for you :

Upon picking up a vehicle, you are handed out a prexisting scheme for vehicle damages or dents, it is always in your best interest to check the vehicle prior to departing from any station, any differences which you might have, must be resolved prior to you departing.

Upon return of vehicle, you must be present in the check of the vehicle, and you can always request to sign your copy which states that no damages were found.

I agree with you regarding the high cost of the repairs, but during a recent visit, i had a scratch on the bumber, and i was informed that the prices given are official dealership prices.

nevertheless, i was always asked regarding extra insurances, and since you were aware that such insurance exists, i suggest that next time it will be the first thing on your mind to purchase, small daily cost, but you are relaxed in the crowded street of Athens.

I am sorry, but it appears to me that it is you, that probably made a mistake upon your choices of insurances, especialy when you knew that there is FDW and you chose not to ask for it.

We all learn sometime though.

Australia
Level Contributor
14 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: More on Enterprise Rent a Car

I have just secured a car from economy rentals.com where Enterprise is the provider. Should I be concerned with the service from Athens airport?

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
5 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: More on Enterprise Rent a Car

Hi,

No reason to be concerned, after all its your holiday, and you should spend as much time relaxed..

Just make sure you have an international drivers licence ( if you do not have european licence), and enough amount in your credit card for the covering of excess...ask the person in the counter for all information regarding extra insurances, and you should be just fine.

hope you enjoy your time in Greece.

Australia
Level Contributor
14 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: More on Enterprise Rent a Car

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
5 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: More on Enterprise Rent a Car

Have fun, and take lots of pictures..if this is your first time in greece, i suggest visiting lefkas, zante and parga, best beaches ever.

1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: More on Enterprise Rent a Car

I just came back from Athens and when I got my credit card bill for the rental with Enterprise I found an extra 170 Euro charge. I contacted them and I was told that there were damages to the car. they sent me two photos, one showing the licence plate and another showing scratches to the rear bumper. When I dropped off the car at 4 in the morning there were no damages to it and if someone did cause damage to the car why is there not one picture showing the plate and the damage. Over three hrs passed before these pictures were taken. I feel that I am getting scammed but there is nothing I can do because they have taken the money from my credit card all ready. this is the last time I rent with Enterprise in Athens and their agent company Economy Car Rentals. Word of advice take pictures of your car when you bring it back and don't just drop it off, but get a clearance from the rental companies before you leave.

South Pole
Destination Expert
for Lesbos, Zagorohoria
Level Contributor
13,481 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: More on Enterprise Rent a Car

Your final sentence sums it up. Unfortunately this is hindsight & unscrupulous companies (be it car hire or whatever) can spot an opportunity to work a scam. You could challenge this with your credit card company as an unauthorised transaction but it's near impossible to prove.

Time & again people seek out "a reliable cheapest hire car" & time & again they leave themselves open to scams. Not saying this is so in your case, just that research pays off & sadly others will now read your experience & benefit at your expense.

If ever you have to drop a car & no-one from the company is going to meet you for handover be wary. And if they do meet you insist they sign off the condition & fuel level. Always arrange to drop in good time so that in the event of any disagreement you have time to ask a third party (police/airport staff) to be a witness.