We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Greece honeymoon itinerary help

Toronto, Canada
6 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Greece honeymoon itinerary help

Hi- I am from Toronto, ON and am planning a 15 day honeymoon in Italy and Greece, and I wanted to see if anyone would like to review my Greece itinerary to see if its reasonable.

May 30 - fly from Venice into Santorini arrive at 8:30pm

May 31 - Santorini (Afroessa hotel in Imerovigli)

June 1 - Santorini

June 2 - Santorini

June 3 - morning ferry to Naxos (find hotel on St George beach)

June 4 - Naxos

June 5 - morning flight from Naxos to Athens, spend day in Athens (Apollo Hotel)

- take 11:55pm train to Meteora, get some sleep on the train arrive in Meteora at 5:30am

June 6 - spend day walking the monasteries

- take 3:30pm train back to Athens arrive back in Athens at 10pm

June 7 - spend day in Athens

June 8 - fly back to Toronto at 12pm

I realize the last 3 days are a little hectic for the Meteora trip but from what I read it is a must do in Greece, I'm not sure when I will get to return so I figured it would be worth the long day of travel. Also with this trip to Meteora we will probably no make it to Delphi but between the 2 I figured Meteora would be the better experience. Any suggestions or recommendations if the trip is reasonable would be helpful, and thank you in advance.

Mike

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
4,836 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Greece honeymoon itinerary help

hi and welcome..santorini is a must for a honeymoon and naxos is a great contrast to santorini,but i would rethink the meteora part...it is indeed great but you will be on your honeymoon and the last thing you want to do is exhaust your self..naxos deserves so much more than the 1.5 day you are giving it..if you take the days from meteora and add it to naxos (leaving one day before your flight home to athens) you will have a so much better experience..

take a look at this trip report and beautiful photos to see what naxos has to offer..good beaches (that santorini lacks) and nice villages in the mainland to get a glimpse of real greece..

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g189431-i1324-k6…

Edited: 17 January 2014, 08:05
Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
410 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Greece honeymoon itinerary help

Hi Michael G, regarding your plan

"June 6 - spend day walking the monasteries"

it would be better to reserve a half day tour (or rent a car) to see as more monasteries as possible, by walking you will not be able to visit them

3. Re: Greece honeymoon itinerary help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 January 2015, 06:20