We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice on Hotel near to bus station for Delphi

Which Athens hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
wrexham
Level Contributor
71 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Advice on Hotel near to bus station for Delphi

Hi - we are travelling to Athens in May and will be taking a day trip to Delphi on the KTEL bus. We have to do this trip the day after we arrive in Athens. I would like to book a hotel for our first two nights which is convinient for us to get to the bus station for the 7.30am bus to Delphi.

Can anyone give us some good recommendations without us spending a fortune?

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Advice on Hotel near to bus station for Delphi

Hey and welcome minidad:-) No reason to stay close to bus station! As in most Cities, bus stations are oftentimes not usually located in preferable areas;-) Get yourselves a nice central hotel to take in the sights in Athens.. and just grab a cab in the morning to the bus station.. cabs are inexpensive in Greece.. doubt it would cost more than around 7-8E to get there.. thereabouts from central areas to include Syntagma Square, Plaka Monasteraki areas.. all these merge at some point.. lots pedestrianized and packed with sites;-) If you give us a budget spread in Euros, am sure you'll get some great recs here;-) EnJOY!

wrexham
Level Contributor
71 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Advice on Hotel near to bus station for Delphi

Thank you for speedy and useful reply

We are planning 4 nights in Athens itself to include a day trip to Delphi. We are then planning 3 nights on Paros island before returning to Athens for flight home. We are on a budget so really dont want to spend much more than £50/60Euro per night in Athens. We have had many recommendations for the Centrotel Hotel but we are not sure that the area in which it is in is totally safe?

Virginia
Level Contributor
155 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Advice on Hotel near to bus station for Delphi

I think this is the trip we are taking and we were told they would pick us up at our hotel in Plaka Any centrally located hotel might work. Email them and ask.

Delphi,Greece
Destination Expert
for Delphi
Level Contributor
6,027 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Advice on Hotel near to bus station for Delphi

Me too I believe there is no reason to be located far away from the sites just for the sake of easy access to bus station...Just for the record, this http://www.xenophon-hotel.com/en/index.aspx is near bus station for Delphi, but the area is nothing to right home about...I don't know about hotel itsself.

Centrotel is a fine hotel but located between Victoria metro stop and Larrisis metro stops. I have been many times around those areas and are not so bad as people make them to be, but I don't recommend for a first time visitor.

Edited: 20 February 2014, 06:22
Delphi,Greece
Destination Expert
for Delphi
Level Contributor
6,027 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Advice on Hotel near to bus station for Delphi

PS: This http://www.hotelmetropolis.gr/ is mostly a small pension than a hotel, but it is located in a very convenient location, just off Syndagma square, and about suits your budget.

Edited: 20 February 2014, 06:36
New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Advice on Hotel near to bus station for Delphi

Hey strategic2:-) Believe the OP is going to Delphi independently, hence the request to be near the bus station for local the buses heading there.. appears you're on an organized day tour where the buses do picks up at various hotels;-)

Great advise from Mariha as always.. and agree that although Centrotel gets some pretty good reviews here, it's locale is not as convenient to get around to see the sites as with something more central where you can literally walk around;-) Enjoy all!

7. Re: Advice on Hotel near to bus station for Delphi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 February 2015, 06:18