We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visit-a few questions

Which Athens hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Colorado
Level Contributor
253 posts
190 reviews
Save Topic
Visit-a few questions

After over a decade of attempts, it appears I may have cobbled together a trip to Athens. It'll be very brief-full days in Athens on Sunday and Monday. I've gone to the museum websites, and have a sense of what's open and when, but am a little puzzled. A couple of the websites state "From the 1st of April open M-S 8-1500" but don't say anything about schedule before the first of April(Temple of Haphaestus, for example); I also can't find opening times/days for the Roman Forum, so if anyone has any information, I'd be appreciative. Finally, I'll probably be in Athens March 2 and 3; I didn't see these days on the holidays closed list, but if anyone has any insight as to whether or not museums, the Acropolis, etc may be closed those days, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks.

Oslo, Norway
Destination Expert
for Oslo, Naxos, Norway
Level Contributor
21,114 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visit-a few questions

Temple of Haphaestus is inside the Ancient Agora.

London, United...
Level Contributor
16,455 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visit-a few questions

The Acropolis Museum is closed on Mondays - go there on Sunday.

The Benaki Museum is also closed on Mondays.

The National Archaeological Museum is open on Mondays, but its hours are from 13:00 - 20:00

Those are the three major museums: if you are interested in any of the others you should be able to find their opening hours on their websites.

The Temple of Hephaestus (Thission) is, as greek-traveller says, inside the ancient Agora, whose winter opening hours are 08:00 - 15:00. I can't find anything about the Roman Agora either, but 08:00 - 15:00 are the opening hours of all the ancient sites, I believe.

3. Re: Visit-a few questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 February 2015, 06:18